Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

70sProgFan

Reaction score
STATUS QUO - 'Piledriver'
Still their best (in my humble opinion) and contains the first 7" single that I ever bought, 'Paper Plane'.

R.jpg

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Probably politically incorrect in 2022 but personally I have always preferred the UK 'nak*d women' album cover. I did originally buy this album in a double-gatefold sleeve the UK version on Polydor records back in 1981 although a number of original Track records that the album was originally released on back in late 1968 were still available in the basement of the Camden Town Record And Tape Exchange back in the early 1980s. Anyway I very much doubt if Experience Hendrix the family run company that has looked after Jimi's recordings since 1994 would ever re-release the album with the 'nak*d women' cover again even on cd?. Apparently what I have read Jimi was suppose to have disliked the UK album cover so I can't see Janie Hendrix Jimi's half-sister and who runs Experience Hendrix ever re-releasing the original UK album cover version.
My original vinyl copy of the album features said n@ked women. Yeah, we do live in different, more sensitive times indeed. I was listening to the cd release so I found and posted the featured cover.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
GENESIS - 'The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway'
'Foxtrot'
is pretty much my favourite, but for many this is now acknowledged as their finest hour.
Saw them on this tour too.

View attachment 213521
An incredibly complex and difficult album to get into, it is indeed a fine album but I personally wouldn't call it their finest hour. Foxtrot and Selling England By The Pound would get my vote for that.

70sProgFan

Reaction score
JON ANDERSON - 'In The City Of Angels'
Not prog, marginally rock, but some good songs all the same.

Ni04MDc3LmpwZWc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online