Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

70sProgFan

Reaction score
Horslips - 'The Book of Invasions'
I adore this band - saw them in 1976.
Some really great Irish prog-rock material across their albums, the best of which is probably 'The Tain', but I'm playing this one for a change.
I think that they charted the highest with this, probably their most accessible album.

horslips-book.jpg

70sProgFan

Reaction score
Genesis - 'Seconds Out'
The 'bridge' album between when they were still good, and their inexorable descent into crapitude.
Sadly Hackett's guitar work is pretty much drowned out; he had announced his decision to quit whilst the tracks were being mixed and clearly paid a heavy price for it.
And if you didn't know that it was Collins on vox you'd swear that it was the great Gabriel himself.
It's a good listen. :tup:

R-1970011-1302196868.jpeg.jpg

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Genesis - 'Seconds Out'
The 'bridge' album between when they were still good, and their inexorable descent into crapitude.
Sadly Hackett's guitar work is pretty much drowned out; he had announced his decision to quit whilst the tracks were being mixed and clearly paid a heavy price for it.
And if you didn't know that it was Collins on vox you'd swear that it was the great Gabriel himself.
It's a good listen. :tup:

View attachment 212439
Agreed. This album is a masterpiece. I prefer this album to the Genesis Live album. I remember reading somewhere that old misery guts Tony Banks was responsible for mixing out Steve Hacketts' guitar work.

Status
Not open for further replies.