Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Z

Reaction score
ALICE COOPER GROUP - 'Love it to Death'
And then they hit paydirt...
Suddenly the songs and tunes had real melodies and driving beats.
The single 'Eighteen' was a smash all over America, effectively an update of The Who's 'My Generation'.

View attachment 213914
It seems like EVERYONE on his site LOVES THIS AC ALBUM FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON??. I have listened to it a couple of times in the distant past and I can't say it did anything for me especially??. It's the same with AEROSMITHS 'ROCKS' ALBUM it seems like EVERYONE on here rates that album 10/10?. Yeah it's ok as a solid rock album I suppose but to keep on rating it better than anything else in 50-60 years of rock is a bit OTT guys come on listen to THE GROUNDHOGS dudes!!.

70sProgFan

Reaction score
It seems like EVERYONE on his site LOVES THIS AC ALBUM FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON??. I have listened to it a couple of times in the distant past and I can't say it did anything for me especially??. It's the same with AEROSMITHS 'ROCKS' ALBUM it seems like EVERYONE on here rates that album 10/10?. Yeah it's ok as a solid rock album I suppose but to keep on rating it better than anything else in 50-60 years of rock is a bit OTT guys come on listen to THE GROUNDHOGS dudes!!.
No, I wouldn't rate 'Love it to Death' as a 10/10 album either.
It's very good and it marked a shift in fortunes for the band, but it's not a 10 by any stretch.
I prefer 'Killer' and the next two albums, 'School's Out' and 'Billion Dollar Babies' - I'd say that all of those three are stronger, musically.
But there will be those who will argue otherwise.
Opinions, eh?

E-Z

Reaction score
No, I wouldn't rate 'Love it to Death' as a 10/10 album either.
It's very good and it marked a shift in fortunes for the band, but it's not a 10 by any stretch.
I prefer 'Killer' and the next two albums, 'School's Out' and 'Billion Dollar Babies' - I'd say that all of those three are stronger, musically.
But there will be those who will argue otherwise.
Opinions, eh?
As for Killers possibly the only number on it that I like is Under My Wheels and on School's Out the title track but 'the best' is Billion Dollar Babies although the last two tracks are a bit 'iffy' in my 'humble Pie' opinion?. The Billion Dollar Babies track Elected the opening guitar chores on the intro were 'nicked' straight from the Hendrix song Dolly Dagger from 1970 although I have never heard anyone say that they were but if you listen to Dolly Dagger and then listen to Elected they are the same although it maybe played in a slightly higher key on Elected?.

The Muscle of Love album is a bit under rated and it still gets played in my 'home studio' ha ha ;)

Last edited:

70sProgFan

Reaction score
As for Killers possibly the only number on it that I like is Under My Wheels and on School's Out the title track but 'the best' is Billion Dollar Babies although the last two tracks are a bit 'iffy' in my 'humble Pie' opinion?. The Billion Dollar Babies track Elected the opening guitar chores on the intro were 'nicked' straight from the Hendrix song Dolly Dagger from 1970 although I have never heard anyone say that they were but if you listen to Dolly Dagger and then listen to Elected they are the same although it maybe played in a slightly higher key on Elected?.

The Muscle of Love album is a bit under rated and it still gets played in my 'home studio' ha ha ;)

Nope - you're 100% wrong, I'm afraid.
'Elected' was based on the band's own song 'Reflected' which was on their 1969 album, 'Pretties for You', released a full year before Hendrix's song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online