Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Z

Reaction score
Very nice E-Z. This was Eric Clapton at his best imo. I have the album on vinyl and cd, then the 'In Concert' and 'At The Fillmore' sets. Brilliant album, one of my favourites. :)
With regards to the original Derek & the Dominos live album I never bought it unfortunately and it still annoys me to this day because one day back in the 1990s I was in Tower Records at Piccadilly Circus in central London and the damn thing 'was in the cd rakes' and I think by that time it was already pretty rare and from vague memory the copy I held in my hand was a 'import copy' anyway I looked at it and then put it back down again and moved on and that was the last time I saw it, a mint cd copy!. I believe the re-issued double cd box had already been released by that time and I had already bought that thing. The original x6 track Derek & the Dominos live album/cd has a couple of tracks that don't appear on the re-issued cd from the 1990s so it worth trying to get hold of a copy.

When it comes to Eric Clapton apart from Cream and maybe Blind Faith the Derek & the Dominos album in my opinion was Eric's last great recording. Eric disappeared for a couple of years after 1970 and it he hadn't returned to recording and performing the Derek & the Dominos album Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs would have stood as a great testament to his musical legacy.

Last edited:

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
With regards to the original Derek & the Dominos live album I never bought it unfortunately and it still annoys me to this day because one day back in the 1990s I was in Tower Records at Piccadilly Circus in central London and the damn thing 'was in the cd rakes' and I think by that time it was already pretty rare and from vague memory the copy I held in my hand was a 'import copy' anyway I looked at it and then put it back down again and moved on and that was the last time I saw it, a mint cd copy!. I believe the re-issued double cd box had already been released by that time and I had already bought that thing. The original x6 track Derek & the Dominos live album/cd has a couple of tracks that don't appear on the re-issued cd from the 1990s so it worth trying to get hold of a copy.

When it comes to Eric Clapton apart from Cream and maybe Blind Faith the Derek & the Dominos album in my opinion was Eric's last great recording. Eric disappeared for a couple of years after 1970 and it he hadn't returned to recording and performing the Derek & the Dominos album Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs would have stood as a great testament to his musical legacy.
The original D&TD In Concert lp was a great disappointment for me. Better recording is the Live at The Fillmore. I only have the 2cd set which has 2 shows on it if I remember correctly. I must get it out again and give it a spin. Would love to get the 6cd set.
Wrt Eric Clapton, I agree with you. I think I have most of his albums, but only listen to Backless and Just One Night with any regularity. The works he did with JJ Cale are also quite good. His earlier stuff is the prime stuff. Maybe his heroin addiction broke something in him and tamed him too much. If I want to listen to blues, I prefer the flavour of Gary Moore's and Stevie Ray Vaughn's blues. Eric became a bit purist.

E-Z

Reaction score
The original D&TD In Concert lp was a great disappointment for me. Better recording is the Live at The Fillmore. I only have the 2cd set which has 2 shows on it if I remember correctly. I must get it out again and give it a spin. Would love to get the 6cd set.
Wrt Eric Clapton, I agree with you. I think I have most of his albums, but only listen to Backless and Just One Night with any regularity. The works he did with JJ Cale are also quite good. His earlier stuff is the prime stuff. Maybe his heroin addiction broke something in him and tamed him too much. If I want to listen to blues, I prefer the flavour of Gary Moore's and Stevie Ray Vaughn's blues. Eric became a bit purist.
I have all Eric's 1970s recordings from the individual cds to the double 'deluxe edition' cds along with the Crossroads Vol.2 the 1970s box set along with a few deleted Polydor compilation cds although I must admit I rarely play any of them these days but I still want to keep them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online