Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Z

Reaction score
Hey E-Z..how's things man?...good to hear from you!
Got loads of those track samplers..and 99 rock compilations with Fat Mattress etc..
Found 2 Transatlantic Samplers recently. tucked away with a Dandelion sampler featuring Tractor and Brigid St.John...John Peels label apparently!
Must post that Beacon UFO album compilation...pressed before Flying!
Talking of old record shops..twice a month i'd journey via St.Pancras to Hanway St.( Kris Needs shop.) ..and a shop on Hereford Rd.called Vinyl Solution..he was an American dealer...nice guy-he didn't believe i had a spare copy of Satanic Majesties Request on an Israelli label ( Pax)..swapped it for 5 french Stones ep's...good times...and a fab record shop near Sloane Square tube...no wonder i was always ******' broke!
Hi Nai Noswad yeah I'm ok thanks, by the way I only come on the forum when I can as I don't own a home PC.

Kris Needs he's the rock journalist I presume?. Hanway street is that the narrow back street that runs behind Oxford street at the Tottenham Court road end of Oxford street?. I walked along it back in February this year the first time in a decade or more and the two small independent record shops that were there in the 1970s-1990s have both gone now.

Fat Mattress Noel Redding's band (The Jimi Hendrix Experience bass player 1966-69 for those that aren't aware?). Yeah I liked those Track Records 'sampler LPs' they were a good little introduction to the artist or band.

Record shops are few and far between in London these days as you can guess but I usually go to Fopp at Cambridge Circus in Shaftsbury Avenue just off the Charing Cross road in the west end or for the last year I travel out to Sheperd's Bush in west London and visit the small HMV shop at the Westfield shopping centre also if I am going to Sheperd's Bush I have recently stopped off at the second hand Tape & Record Exchange at Notting Hill as well. The only other record shop I occasionally use in the west end is Sister Ray in Berwick street Soho that guy gets some rare stuff in he's pretty good.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Hanway is the narrow street...think Kris Needs Brother ran it later on. Was ZigZag his magazine?
Record shop on Queensway was excellent too. I recall paying £22 each for two Jap Stones imports- one being Gather No Moss..the other was a gatefold of Sticky Fingers with a different cover of jagger sitting on travel trunks.. both with those obi strips. HMV near Centrepoint?...was a vinyl heaven!

Reactions: E-Z
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Staff online

Members online