Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Z

Reaction score
The Derek & the Dominos album above I have it on various formats such as on a double vinyl gatefold album, 2 separate cd versions plus the 25th anniversary x5cd box set and the same 25th anniversary x5 cassette tape version as well.

If Eric had of OD in his self imposed drug addiction hell after 1970 LAYLA AND ASSORTED LOVE SONGS would have stood as a fabulous final testament to a great talent along with his work with CREAM.

Currently listening to Eddie Cochran along with Gene Vincent.

E-Z

Last edited:

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
The Derek & the Dominos album above I have it on various formats such as on a double vinyl gatefold album, 2 separate cd versions plus the 25th anniversary x5cd box set and the same 25th anniversary x5 cassette tape version as well.

If Eric had of OD in his self imposed drug addiction hell after 1970 LAYLA AND ASSORTED LOVE SONGS would have stood as a fabulous final testament to a great talent along with his work with CREAM.

Currently listening to Eddie Cochran along with Gene Vincent.

E-Z

Unfortunately, we lost Duane Allman in '71 who played on the album as well

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Unfortunately, we lost Duane Allman in '71 who played on the album as well
Gregg Allman was also around in the studio when the Layla sessions were being recorded in Miami in 1970. I think Gregg is featured on some of the 25th Anniversary Layla And Assorted Love Songs studio jams.

"Whenever I hear Eric's opening guitar lines on the intro to Layla it always sends a shiver down my spine!!. Layla what a fabulous song."

"PS Duane's slide guitar adds a lot to the song Layla as well."

E-Z

Last edited:

Slick Willie

Decisively Indecisive
Reaction score
NP:
Untitled (Almost Famous) - Music From The Motion Picture
Classic Records issue.
tvp3fPt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.