What are the worst band names ever?

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
So somehow I was linked to a "grindcore/noisecore" band (whatever that crap is) named Anal **** (those asterics are the C word by the way) and my first thought upon reading the name was "Oh wow...just from that overly offensive name they sound like they must be terrible." quickly followed by "That might be the worst band name I've ever heard." So that got me curious as to what everyone thinks are the worst band names ever?

Another one I think is terrible is LMFAO.

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
Anal **** is a joke band, and are supposed to have a bad, controversial name. They're basically trolling irl. Its funny as hell though.

And band names that are bad would have to be one named after a certain person in the band(With exception of the Jimi Hendrix Experience).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have to disagree with you about that, there are plenty of great bands that use the founders name and they are better than many of the ones I have seen over the years.

Butthole Surfers come to mind Cosmic...it does make me laugh, but it is a terrible name for a band.:D

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I've always been repulsed by the name Butthole Surfers. That is effing disgusting. I don't care if their music was composed in heaven, and played by Hendrix, Lennon and Bonham--I hate it with stomach turning name like that.

Oh, I see^^I'm not the only one who is grossed out by that name.

Saliva is another horrible name--WTF?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^If a band called itself..."The Randy Fudge Packers", I would find that much more offensive than Butthole Surfers Tomcat...:lmao: Butthole Surfers is a terrible name though.:D

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score
^^^ I agree, I always thought that the Butthole Surfers was a horrible name too. In their early days, they'd change their name for every gig, but that name somehow stuck.

They had a side band that released one cd in about 1990-91: the Jack Officers. Another horrible name! I had completely forgotten about that one until now.

Some other horrible band names:
Revolting Cocks
Throbbing Gristle
Hoovastank
Nashville Pussy
KMDF or whatever they were called

Last edited:

wolfsblood

Reaction score
Anal **** is a joke band, and are supposed to have a bad, controversial name. They're basically trolling irl. Its funny as hell though.

And band names that are bad would have to be one named after a certain person in the band(With exception of the Jimi Hendrix Experience).

It's great to see a reference to Anal C*nt here. I've loved 'em for years, even seen them play live once. Some of their songs last about five seconds! They can play noise and real metal when the mood strikes them. And if you want to laugh, just read some of their song titles. One of my favorites: "You Went To See Dishwallah and Everclear (You're Gay)".

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online