Van Halen to make announcement at Grammy Nominations November 30th?

OzzyVanHalen

Reaction score
The website Hitfix.com is speculating that VAN HALEN will be the band rumored to make a "special live announcement" at the November 30th Grammy Nominations Concert in Los Angeles!

Added to the previously named Lady Gaga and Jason Aldean are Ludacris, Lupe Fiasco and Sugarland. Toward the end of the announcement, the Recording Academy slipped in that the TV show will "feature a special live announcement from a truly iconic group regarding their historic band reunion set to take place" at the Grammys.

Here's why we think it's Van Halen: the band " i.e. the David Lee Roth-fronted version " has recorded new material with John Shanks, although when we asked the producer about it a few months ago, he buttoned up tight, but he smiled big. Plus, other outlets, like The Hollywood Reporter, assert that the group has already inked with Columbia Records for the new set, although the label isn't talking.* So if there's a finished album, or nearly finished album, in the can, the Grammys would be the perfect place to debut the first single.

This was followed up by a tweet from the official Grammy's twitter account later that day:

Who do u predict the reuniting band will be @ #GRAMMYnoms? grm.my/vH7p3Y Does this hint make u wanna "Jump" & "Dance the Night Away"?

To summarize, "The iconic group" will make a live ANNOUNCEMENT during the Grammys Nomination Concert (Nov. 30th) about their reunion. The Grammy's tweet pretty much leaves NO doubt that the mystery band is indeed VAN HALEN. Is this just dishonest hype, Or will Van Halen really appear at the Grammy Nominations Concert on Nov. 30th?

Van_Halen_2007_photoshoot.jpg

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just turning into a Van Halen cynic but I can't help but feel like this sort of rumor is either going to be a disappointing lie or whatever Van Halen announces is going to be a disappointment when they fail to follow through on it.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just turning into a Van Halen cynic but I can't help but feel like this sort of rumor is either going to be a disappointing lie or whatever Van Halen announces is going to be a disappointment when they fail to follow through on it.

Pretty much agreed, especially if that announcement has to do with any album they are 'working' on.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Bakerbro_cid__1_1387C9701387C42000624E5485257620.gif

speculating that VAN HALEN will be the band rumored to make a "special live announcement"

The key word right there.. Nowdays.. you can't bank shit on Van Halen doing anything they say..:pullhair:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vikas2324thakur

Members online

No members online now.