Van Halen album delay due to EVH/DLR spat?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I suppose they don't need money but if they don't get on then they should leave it and save putting out a record that could damage their reputation.

Exactly my thoughts too.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If this doesn't work out with DLR again, they can always team up with Axl and deliver the most anticipated album of the 2029 Christmas season

:oyea: :oyea:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
A band of their stature doesn't need all this drama to create a buzz, we were all buzzing with the thought of a return to Roots VH record, not Eddie's endless erratic behavior. I say that because it's always Dave being kicked out and invited back, he Wants to be part of something good, so to me this is all on EVH's side of the fence.

Given all of the grief he seems to get whenever "working" with the guys in Van Halen, I am honestly surprised Dave keeps coming back for more and from the sounds of things, Sammy would probably come back and try to make things work if asked.

It is sad how people like Axl Rose, Eddie Van Halen and some other notorious, sloth-like malcontents who barely produce new music expect any musician they work with to just put their career aspirations on hold for months and years while they struggle to figure out the meaning of life.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Next on Channel 52, it's VH Idol!!!

The Van Halen routine has become so stale and predictable that I should manage the band and also their news.

Typical Van Halen news cycle over a period of 18-24 months, give or take.

#1. Months of inactivity, followed by rumors that Eddie is "talking" with Dave or Sam.

#2. Months of inactivity, followed by rumors that Van Halen "have already written 5-6 songs which sound just like the old Roth stuff" and on the songs it is "the best playing Eddie has done in 20 years!"

#3. More inactivity followed by vague rumors of "doing an album later in the year and touring the world next spring."

#4. Some more inactivity followed by news that "the reunion fell apart and the guys tried really hard but just couldn't pull it together." If the news leaks out of the Van Halen camp, this is usually followed by a paragraph about how things went south when either Dave or Sam "became unreasonable and difficult for the brothers to work with." If the news leaks from outside the Van Halen camp, this is usually followed by a paragraph about EVH having a relapse and being forced to take time off of working.

#5. Rinse and repeat.

As a fan, I'd be relieved if Eddie could just show some signs of life by thinking outside the box. Hell, EVH ought to bring someone ridiculous and completely unexpected such as Mike Reno of Loverboy or Mickey Thomas of Starship into Van Halen just to show people that the wheels upstairs are still turning and that he is still capable of doing something unpredictable.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If they are gonna do the album, stop talking about doing it and get on with it or if there is that much bullshit in the band then just don't, how all this stuff makes news is also hilarious.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^:lmao:

You did a fantastic job on that post Aero, and with that happy thought I will see you tomorrow.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online