Two Epic KILROY songs...

Which do you like better?

• Total voters

runtfan

Reaction score
Not their greatest album, but I think it gets some un deserved flack IMHO.

:cheers2

I agree, and I've been pretty guilty of it. I sort of revisited it a couple of years ago and liked it more than I remembered. The concept was a little goofy and it has its weak spots, but it's not the disaster it's made out to be...although it DID drive a wedge between Dennis DeYoung and the rest of the band and cemented their fate.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
That's how it was with me man...it got better as time went on. The issue, and I could be wrong, that made the whole thing seem odd, was that it was too short...I think they could have used about 5 or 6 BIGGER pieces to wrap up the songs that already existed.

Expand on it...a double album. Brought in strings...really opened the story up more. But in the end we got a half hour "concept" album and a tiny mini movie. There are times when some artists don't know when to quit but in this case they quit on it too fast.

"Ok that's good enough" :heheh:

Could have been much better. But in the end...it is a short and sweet record...Roboto doesn't bug me as a song because the concept surrounding it is interesting...and I have ears. The writing, arrangement and overall melody sound great to me.

I think for Roboto as a song it was just overplayed...and after Dennis having sooo much success on soo many albums...(credibility aside) I think the band was a tiny bit jealous as JY and Tommy are great singers and writers in their own right.

I don't think anyone had to twist their arms to do this record and they all liked something from it. Any bitching that goes on nowadays from the band members...again IMO...is from Tommy and JY is going along with it as he's still in the band.

But I will always believe deep down that JY and Dennis are buds...I could see through JY's opinions on Dennis issues from Behind The Music...there seems to be a bit of regret going on, which made him come off a little stand off-ish and mean...but Tommy looked to me like he meant it all. It's all in the eyes.

But Tommy was using drugs at the time of Kilroy......:confused:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online