Tripping Daisy

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
TRIPPING DAISY

For those of you who were itching for a thread on the Texas-based alternative rock band Tripping Daisy, your ship has come in my friends.

Tripping Daisy was a 1990's band ALL THE WAY. Having effectively formed in 1990, they split up in 1999. At the time, the biggest catalyst was the death (overdose) of lead guitarist Wes Berggren during that same year.

During their time together, Tripping Daisy released four studio albums and a few ep's. My favorite of their work was the 1992/1993 recording Bill, which is classified as their debut album. It came out independently in 1992 and was reissued about a year later when the band signed with a major label.

Tripping Daisy's best known recording was the 1995 album, I Am An Elastic Firecracker. This record featured their one hit single, I Got A Girl. The follow-up Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb came out in 1998 and their self-titled finale was finally released in 2000 after the band had already broken up.

While the band never made a huge impact during their tenure and they'd never be considered pioneers, Tripping Daisy did manage to release three of their albums on Island Records and also enjoyed a moderately successful single and video.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Currently listening to Pirahna. I'm diggin it, the guitar is very easy to listen to, and the vocalist kind of has that Ozzy Osbourne thing goin on.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online