Tracy Chapman (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Tracy Chapman
301939184_687934264_3bf88114a81e9b43a8eadb4f9cf6f32b65cc5469.jpg

This is a great songwriter that I feel deserves a spot in the forum. I sadly don't own any Tracy albums yet but I like everything I've heard from her. She's got a variety of layers to her music from straight folk to Bluesy numbers. Her work has garnered her a loyal fan base, a good amount of chart success and even four Grammy's to her name! Up to 2008 she still is able to create a buzz as her album Our Bright Future Went Gold! Here are some great Tracy tracks:

Fast Car

Telling Stories
(my favorite)

Change

I kept the list as short as I could on purpose! Feel free to comment and contribute! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Tracy Chapman

I only have her self titled debut, but she is a very talented artist for sure.

31V14WBAyqL.jpg

Bryter Later

Reaction score

:grinthumb Her self titled first album is a great one,and good to chill out to. Like so many excellent first albums it's making a good second one that is the problem. If I recall correctly Tracy went off the radar for a long time and people sadly forgot about her and so stuck with her first album. She had a resurgence when Westlife :eek::yuk: covered on of her tracks. Bryter.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Nice to see some fans! I could learn more about her myself!

@Bryter-I think she's done well for herself since the debut! Her comeback seemed to be with the song Fisha mentioned:

Give Me One Reason

This was in 1995! Since then she has always had at least one single get a good rotation and always at least has a Gold album. That's a steady success for a musician in recent times! :grinthumb

Bryter Later

Reaction score

:bonk::bonk: It must have been myself that went off the radar :heheh:.

I will check out that album cheers S&S :cheers2, Bryter.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

:bonk::bonk: It must have been myself that went off the radar :heheh:.

I will check out that album cheers S&S :cheers2, Bryter.

No problem Bryter! That's the beauty of a forum is to fill each others gaps in! You can't keep track of every artist but I've seen artist threads that get me going "You know that artist had a lot of potential but I my mind was into other things at the time! Time to revisit this!" :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I've only got a compilation album but I love it. She sings a perfect mix of soulful emotional ballads, and upbeat acoustic melodies that are simply heartwarming! :phones:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

^^I only discovered her in the last 2 years, so I only thought that until I Googled her :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online