Tina Turner (Official Thread)

Nora

Reaction score
TINA TURNER

Tina-Turner.jpg
Tina Turner (November 26, 1939) is an American-Swiss singer and actress. Tina rose to prominence as a duo with her then-husband Ike Turner before launching a successful career as a solo performer. One of the best-selling recording artists of all time, she has been referred to as The Queen of Rock 'n' Roll and has sold more than 200 million records worldwide. Tina is noted for her energetic stage presence, powerful vocals and trademark legs.

She began her career in 1958 as a featured singer with Ike Turner's Kings of Rhythm, recording under the name "Little Ann" on "Boxtop." Her introduction to the public as Tina Turner began in 1960 as a member of the Ike & Tina Turner Revue with the hit single "A Fool In Love." Success followed with a string of notable hits. In the 1980s, Tina launched a major comeback as a solo artist. The 1983 single "Let's Stay Together" was followed by the 1984 release of her fifth solo album, Private Dancer, which became a worldwide success. The album contained the song "What's Love Got to Do with It”, becoming Tina’s biggest hit and winning four Grammy Awards, including Record of the Year. Tina’s solo success continued throughout the 1980s and 1990s with multi-platinum albums and hit singles. She has also garnered success acting in films. She has won 12 Grammy Awards. Rolling Stone ranked Tina 63rd on its list of the 100 greatest artists of all time and 17th on its list of the 100 greatest singers of all time. Tina has her own stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and on the St. Louis Walk of Fame. She was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1991.

Discography

Songs & Videos

What’s Love Got To Do With It

The Best

Private Dancer

I Don’t Wanna Lose You

Tonight ft. David Bowie

mrblond

Reaction score
Tina Turner is a giant in the contemporary music, one of the most talented and artistic performers of our time.
Her solo career is among the most important flowers of the rich decade of the 80's.

So many superb tunes, just to list my top 10:

1. Paradise Is Here (from Break Every Rule)
2. Back Where You Started (from Break Every Rule)
3. A Change Is Gonna Come (from A Change Is Gonna Come / Nutbush City Limits)
4. Undercover Agent for the Blues (from Foreign Affair)
5. Better Be Good to Me (from Private Dancer)
6. The Best (from Foreign Affair)
7. Steamy Windows (from Foreign Affair)
8. What You Get Is What You See (from Break Every Rule)
9. You Can't Stop Me Loving You (from Foreign Affair)
10. I Can't Stand the Rain (from Private Dancer)

Please, just pay attention to this absolute cult cover version of "A Change is Gonna Come", performed together with Robert Cray in 1987:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online