Thundermug (Official Thread)

joe

Reaction score
Re: Thundermug

With the head brass at Axe records wanting a more commercial record Thundermug returned to Toronto Sound Studios and released Ta-daa! in 1974. The first single released was a version of the Beatles' "Drive My Car" but was a disappointment for the band not reaching the Canadian top 40.

After coming off the road the band sat back to see what the outcome would be be with the finicially instable Axe records that eventually would go broke. The band continued touring the Ontario circuit for the next two years. The band never did "officially" break up but each would go on to do outside projects.

US Release
Ta-Daa%20(US%20Release).jpg

Canadian Release
Ta-Daa.jpg

joe

Reaction score

Guitarist Bill Durst had played with a ZZ Top tribute band Tres Hombres and later played in a new wave band called The Brains and also released a solo album in 1983 titled, "Call Billy".

The band reformed in the 80's with some reunion concerts but it wasn't until 1991 two of the original members, Bill Durst and Jerry Corbett and new drummer Cory Thompson released Who's Running My World? in 1994. The album was more of a blues rock approach than the high energy R&R the band played in the 70's.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Yet again great tracks Joe ! I really like their sound from the 73/74 albums some real cool clever guitar work/vocals etc. Mr Durst could pass as a member of ZZ TOP with that beard and his demon slide guitar playing !
I was also trying to find THUNDERMUGs version to "drive my car" ....but alas couldnt find it on you-tube.

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score

LOU, just for you I'll put the video production into works.

joe

Reaction score

Just like thier last album, Bang The Love Drum(1997) was largely self financed by manager Wyn Anderson. After losing the battle of a long illness, Anderson's label, Raven Records no longer existed. It was just a matter of time that the members went on to different projects. This album is more rockin' than thier previous release.

Bang%20the%20Love%20Drum.jpg

muzik_guy

Certified Music Geek
Reaction score
Bitchen! I love this band. Went thru the trouble of tracking down their three LPs, two CDs & all of their singles. I LOVE the first three, especially Ta-Daa!!!. Highly recommended for fans of hard rock with loads of pop hooks. They should've been much bigger than they were.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online