Thunderclap Newman: Promotional Film

JimmyMcCullochFan

Reaction score

I love this band and wanted to put together something that would not only show my appreciation for the impact they've had on my life but to hopefully help promote the new lineup as they are all incredibly talented musicians who have come a long way in such a short time. I am proud of them & hope they get the recognition they deserve.

This took me almost 7 hours to complete and although it's not perfect, I'm extremely proud of it. Enjoy.

joe

Reaction score
:clap: Very well done.

I bought Hollywood Dream when I was 17 years old. I put this album in the "lost classics" category. Produced by Pete Townsend. 10/10

I'm also a big fan of Stone The Crows. Jimmy McCulloch's band prior to Thunderclap.

JimmyMcCullochFan

Reaction score
Promoting a Band

In February 2010, Andy Newman reformed Thunderclap Newman (Best known for the #1 single Something In The Air) with Nick Johnson on lead guitar, Josh Townshend (nephew of Pete & son of Simon) on rhythm guitar, Mark Brzezicki (former Big Country, Procol Harum and Phish) on drums and Tony Stubbings on bass.

They debuted in late February last year and it's amazing to see that they've come a LONG way in that timespan with little promotion from their team. I (along with other fans of theirs) feel that they are being short changed because of the lack of promotion. The group has worked extremely hard with little to show for it thus far.

I am in contact with their manager and told him a few of my ideas to help the band get more notice but he basically blew me off. I've talked to a few friends of mine and they've all told me that they think he feels threatened by me because I am young, passionate and know more about the band (the history) than he does.

It is frustrating to see a band put forth hard work and effort with little help from their team. I am trying to do everything I can to help them because I am passionate and a huge fan of theirs.

Does anybody have any words of advice or promotional tips? I've already got YouTube & other social media websites, I've also written to various music magazines with no success.

Check out the official website, it's pathetic and looks like it was done in a couple of hours.

THUNDERCLAP NEWMAN

Here's a clip of TN performing The Reason last Friday. Thoughts?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online