Thomas Dolby (Official Thread)

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
For those who don't know, Thomas Dolby is doing a mini tour! I guess his stint opening for General Public went so well that he's decided to do some dates on his own!

In one of the first So Cal dates listed, Thomas is playing at the Anaheim House of Blues, opening for Colin Hay of Men At Work! What a cool bill! And only $17.50!

You can see a recent clip of Thomas performing "Hyperactive!" here:

http://www.thomasdolby.com/projection/live2006.html

Check the forum at thomasdolby.com for more tour dates!

Attachments

• tdjan2006.jpg
    tdjan2006.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 41

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Re: Thomas Dolby on tour again!

Good to hear! Thomas Dolby was always a favorite of mine. Didn't know Colin Hay was doing something on his own these days either.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score

Yep, that be him. Check out the album that song is from - The Golden Age of Wireless. Great music!

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score

Music Wench said:
Yep, that be him. Check out the album that song is from - The Golden Age of Wireless. Great music!

But try and get ahold of the second US version. (Sadly, it's only ever been issued on vinyl.)

jailbreak

Reaction score

i'm sure seattle will be skipped just like missing persons is skipping seattle and the cars

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Thomas Dolby

^^Picked up this old album a couple of months ago, had the vinyl record and actually saw Thomas Dolby live when the toured in support of this album.

She Blinded Me With Science.

album-the-golden-age-of-wireless.jpg

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

I dont own any THOMAS DOLBY albums...but I do have a few pearler singles. Saw him "live" in the early 80s at the infamous Retford Porterhouse UK .

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I saw him in our best venue back in the early 80's LOU, the "Jubilee Auditorium" where our symphony orchestra plays. Great acoustics and holds about 2,500 people. Anyway when we went to the concert I was shocked how many "Freaks" turned out for the show, I don't mean that as an insult but all the new wave and punk rockers showed up in full dress regalia for the concert and when Thomas took the stage they went rushing up the aisles to get a closer look...ah the memories of my youth...:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.