The Verve Pipe (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The Verve Pipe
verve_pipe_group_in_brush.jpg

Since I'm on a 90's kick I'll go with another band that reminds me of the late 90's. This band was another slow rise to the top but they did it with one of the most amazing coming of age radio ballads to ever hit the radio airwaves with "The Freshman". I've been listening to that song a lot lately. I was looking for songs I knew by heart and wanted to try on Karaoke and this one came to mind. Now I can't stop listening to it. I love the lead singers coarse vocal and his great storytelling:

The Freshman

Here's the alternate version on the single I have:

20100611133944!TheVervePipe-TheFreshman.jpg

The Freshman (Studio D Version)

I saw the singer, Brian Van Ark, a couple years ago solo and would love to cover that as well. He did great opening for Sister Hazel and Grace Potter & The Nocturnals. For now I only still own:

Villians
1274647655_51vnebojhql._ss500_.jpg

Regardless of whether the songs never eclipsed the greatness of that single they still rocked hard. Here are the tracks I thought stood on their own:

Villians

Photograph
(live due to unavailability)

I'll leave it at this for now but I'll try to do some digging on the older and newer stuff with Brian Van Ark in the future. Maybe you guys can educate me if you are into the band! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online