The Used (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" The Used Thread

I kind of thought you might like this band Bucky, they have that high energy that you seem to enjoy in a lot of your bands.

I am amazed however that any of these Screamo bands lead singers last at all, in this case McCraken was famous for having a bucket on stage and would throw up when they were playing concerts. As Soot mentioned he has toned it down now, and I have no problem with that.:D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Thanks for introducing me to this band! I like them alot!!!

I kind of thought you might like this band Bucky, they have that high energy that you seem to enjoy in a lot of your bands.

I am amazed however that any of these Screamo bands lead singers last at all, in this case McCraken was famous for having a bucket on stage and would throw up when they were playing concerts. As Soot mentioned he has toned it down now, and I have no problem with that.:D

RTbuck, actually thank you for listening! That's why the effort goes into these threads and if I can get even one person to discover something they like then it's like a reward. The Used particularly is a band I'm in love with so it's even better that I can find them a fan. They desreve more than just the preteen/teen fanbase they have! :grinthumb

LG, yeah, I left the bucket thing out because I always found that to not be a highlight of the band! :lmao: It's an interesting factoid nonetheless though! :lmao:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Here's a great single off of the debut I haven't posted yet aka I'm dying for new material but the old favorites will have to quench my thirst for now! :heheh:

the_used.jpg

Buried Myself Alive

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Here are the awesome acoustic bonus tracks that came off of the last c.d. Artwork! :grinthumb

Empty With You

Lunacy Fringe

On My Own

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

One thing I left out is the digital album of rarities I have called

Shallow Believer
2234755804_dbc41e7371.jpg

I like this track from it!

Into My Web

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Nice write up as always Sooty. I expect as much from someone so passionate about this band. :grinthumb

I know my fair share about The Used considering how I've been in high school at some point over the last 6 years. I like their more commercial songs since there is less screaming and I don't like excessive amounts of screaming. I mean I know it's the style so but I think the singer actually has a nice voice and then he goes all like "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" and I'm all like...

"ahhh...."

:peek

I mean I know he's not just going "Ah" because he's actually saying things (not that I can really tell what) but you know what I mean. There is quite enough screaming where I live and I like keeping it out of my music as much as possible. ;)

Anywho, the album that I first really heard by them that wasn't second hand listening was "Lies for the Liars" (courtesy of my friend Hayley) and it has my three favorite songs by them....which coincidentally you didn't post already:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Listen, if you know the band then you know whether you are a fan or not. If not you would know by the end of this thread so for the fans this kickass band has a new ****ing album out this week so everybody say **** YEAH!!!!! The first on their Independent and a return to producer John Feldman which is the best thing about it as he did their first three albums and was as instrumental to their sound as it gets so they never should've changed! This is a mix between their second album where they were at there poppiest and their third where they were a little more electronic driven!

d+vulnerable+iphone+wallpaper+cover_new+album_2012.jpg

To celebrate here are the two singles and a cool standout track!

I Come Alive & Hands and Faces

Hurt No One

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

This is a wild re-make man!! Pretty good.

They look like they split and snorted a container of ajax!

:oyea:

I always loved that scene dude! :heheh:

Yeah, I think it's a cool cover and they have a good time with it. That's when they were getting along at least. I saw them do this song together on The Taste of Chaos tour! Really awesome! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online