The Throb (Aust. Group)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I'll have to gather more information about this group, they were formed in Sydney in 1965 and the Original Line-up comprised of John Bell (Rhythm Guitar, Vocals), Marty Van Wynk (Lead Guitar), Denny Burgess (Bass, Vocals) and Peter Figures (Drums).

Their big success here in Australia came with a cover of a Rolling Stones song "Fortune Teller" and I must admit after hearing both side by side, The Throbs version has more punch to it and is quite punky, the Thob's version of the song also sold more than the Rolling Stones and is certainly worth a listen to if you're not familiar with it and enjoy punk/blues songs.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, there an interesting band, sadly I don't recall seeing any albums for them, last time I was there they had 60s Aussie Band Compilation Albums, but since finding some of these old local bands is an interest of mine, it would be good to find something.

This song came up after I played your interesting song, the tempo is a bit softer and it's off the vinyl, still worth posting here just to hear what they could produce. :D

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I'm gonna turn my head... :D

I don't seem to be able to find any more songs from this group and YouTube suggests they only released 2x45 Singles in 1966.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online