The Stooges - Live at the ATP 2010 (2012)

rtbuck

Reaction score
120410_rsd_atpdisc.jpg

The Stooges ‘Live at the ATP 2010’

Label: MVD Entertainment Group

Format: Vinyl Picture Disc w/ Digital Download

Released: 2012

Vinyl Picture Disc Track Listing:

Side A

1) 1970
2) Night Theme/ Beyond the Law
3) I Wanna Be Your Dog
4) Open Up & Bleed

Side B

1) Funhouse/ No Fun
2) Interview

Digital Download Track Listing:

1) Raw Power
2) Search & Destroy
3) Gimme Danger
4) Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell
5) Shake Appeal
6) I Need Somebody
7) ***********
8) Death Trip
9) 1970
10) Night Theme
11) Beyond the Law
12) I Got a Right
13) I Wanna Be Your Dog
14) Open Up & Bleed
15) Fun House
16) No Fun
17) Interview

In 2003 former Stooges, the Ashton brothers (drummer Scott “Rock Action” & guitarist/bassist Ron) reunited with Iggy Pop on 4 songs from Iggy’s ‘Skull Ring’ album. After that the Stooges decided to make the reunion official & began touring adding saxophonist Steve Mackay (who was with them in 1970) & ex Minutemen bassist Mike Watt. In 2007 the Stooges released their first official album since 1973’s ‘Raw Power’, ‘The Weirdness’. The band continued touring festivals throughout 2008 but unfortunately in January 2009 original guitarist Ron Ashton suffered a fatal Heart attack at age 60. Days after Ashton’s death the band released an official statement stating that Ron Ashton was irreplaceable. In May of 2009 Iggy stated that "Although 'the Stooges' died with Ron Ashton, there is still 'Iggy and the Stooges!”. The Stooges once again reformed, this time with Scott Ashton, Mike Watt, Steve MacKay, & the addition of ‘Raw Power’ lead guitarist James Williamson. (In 1973 Ron Ashton stepped down from guitar to play bass,Williamson was brought in on guitar, & the band was dubbed Iggy & the Stooges.)

The Stooges ‘Live at the ATP 2010’ is a special limited edition picture disc/ digital download & was released specifically for ‘National Record Store Day’ & once it’s gone it is gone. The digital download of the full show is an incredible & wild performance of the Stooges playing every track from their classic ‘Raw Power’ album plus other Stooges classics. The album kicks off in high gear with the title track from ‘Raw Power’ & throughout the entire album the band is full of energy. “Search & Destroy” rocks as hard as it does on the original version. “Gimme Danger” is just an all around great tune & as the tune starts building up towards the end with Williamson blazing away on guitar Iggy starts screaming “Mother F***in’ Danger! F***in’ little stranger!”. As the song ends Iggy shouts out “You’re very very pretty…but your pretty face has gone to hell!! & the band launch into the fast paced rocker “Your Pretty Face has Gone to Hell”. Iggy then calls for dancers, spazzers,& freaks to join the Stooges onstage for a dance number & the band goes into “Shake Appeal” & as the song ends Steve Mackay plays a bit of “Tequila” on sax. Iggy then asks the band if they’re ready to play some “F***in’ Blues” & the stooges play the Bluesy “I Need Somebody” which is a cool “F***in’” track (sorry about the curse word but you can’t help it when you listen to Iggy!). The Stooges play though the final couple tracks of ‘Raw Power’ & Iggy shouts out “F*** Everything!” as the band kicks out possibly the first Mosh/Slam Dance tune of all-time “1970” from there ‘Funhouse’ album. Up next are 3 songs from the post ‘Raw Power’ era collaboration of Iggy & James Williamson from the Kill City album (the instrumental “Night Theme”, “Beyond the Law” which starts out like a high energy “Peter Gunn Theme”, & “I Got a Right”). Up next is arguably the most popular Stooges tune “I Wanna Be Your Dog” where Iggy has the crowd joining in singing along with the chorus. “Open Up & Bleed” is another great song & it’s great to hear a good sounding version of the tune as it was never officially released on any of their main albums but is popular among Stooges fans.
“Funhouse” & the classic “No Fun” close out the show & the Iggy interview at the end is for the back page of a future ‘Classic Rock’ magazine & is short but pretty interesting.

Overall, this is a fine live album capturing Iggy as his usual well mannered self.

Bucky

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That was a great read as usual Bucky...but I've never been a Stooges or Iggy Pop fan. They simply miss me.

But it was great watching you get caught up in the F***ing moment.:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.