The Power Of Rock 'in Peace !!!!

Syd

Reaction score

I love Rock&Roll for the very same thing. Because it doesn't discriminate. For example Religion, Sports or Politics (which are some of the most important thingsin human life) tend to separate people into groups. If you don't think like us, you're wrong. It's a constant tension and confrontation between these different ways of thinking. But what can REALLY change the world (or at least what it was thought in the 60s and kinda faded through time) is rock music. Because it's inclusive. It speaks about love, tolerance, understanding. It doesn't matter what religion, football team, race or political party you are from, it's a message that is really intended for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US. I still have faith that Rock&Roll will come back from the dead as a true social power to speak to the masses ... they seem to need it now more than ever.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

I love Rock&Roll for the very same thing. Because it doesn't discriminate. For example Religion, Sports or Politics (which are some of the most important thingsin human life) tend to separate people into groups. If you don't think like us, you're wrong. It's a constant tension and confrontation between these different ways of thinking. But what can REALLY change the world (or at least what it was thought in the 60s and kinda faded through time) is rock music. Because it's inclusive. It speaks about love, tolerance, understanding. It doesn't matter what religion, football team, race or political party you are from, it's a message that is really intended for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US. I still have faith that Rock&Roll will come back from the dead as a true social power to speak to the masses ... they seem to need it now more than ever.

Listen to skrewdriver and tell me rock doesn't dsicriminate lol. I get what you're saying though.

Syd

Reaction score
Listen to skrewdriver and tell me rock doesn't dsicriminate lol. I get what you're saying though.

Jajaja. I know that there are bands or styles of music that are agressive in their messages. But that happens to any human activity, it could be used for good or for bad things. And music is such a powerful weapon ... too bad it hasn't been fully exploited to all the good things it can do. But ... I don't know... A day will come.

why?zag!

Reaction score
by the band raven wing -

i havent come across too many folks who know them :mad

pls read the lyrics before you watch the video and you will then pay the attention the song deserves - :)

(We got torn from our roots and without a choice we're here
we're the lucky country,
No fighting no war and no fear
And we're reminded of how we brutally stole this land
But there's no one to blame
Cause everyone's the same in this town
Sister would you take a bullet for me?
And brother would you risk your life for family?
And we try to have culture
To teach our children
But we forget what to say
So we talk mundane
And we walk the same in this land
There's a message in this
Of how we exist
Empty, lost and cold
And we hear our hearts
And feel our souls
But every time we're near
We get sucked to the ground