The Only Ones [Official thread ]

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
THE ONLY ONES....Influential power pop band that have appeared on many new wave / punk compilations over the years. Best remembered for the excellent song " Another girl..another planet "
The UK band formed in 1976 .Split in 1982, only to reform in 2007 .Yet amazingly enough have only recorded 3 studio albums !
Saying that...many a compilation,best of, "Live" albums are out there for the collector.
THE ONLY ONES are a great "Live" act too, I am fortunate to have caught these guys with my buddy Sweaty in Sheffield a few years back.A band you can't afford to miss ! :grinthumb

Any more fans on CRF ?

Line up

Peter Perrett
John Perry
Alan Mair
Mike Kellie

Discography

The Only Ones.....1978
Even Serpents Shine...1979
Babys got a gun.....1980

Another girl ..another planet

Out there in the night

Lovers of today

Attachments

• fxgf.jpg
    fxgf.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 16
  • images.jpggfdszdz.jpg
    images.jpggfdszdz.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 16

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
What can I say Lou, this band are fantastic, I have caught them twice and they do put a show on. I always compared Peter to a young Mick Jagger, not because of his looks but because of his mannerisms and the fact that he can still belt out a tune and has stage presence.

This band is worth going to see without a doubt, miss them and miss out for sure...

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Here is some classic footage of THE ONLY ONES from The Old Grey Whistle Test :grinthumb

No solution

rtbuck

Reaction score
Only Ones are great! I love Another Girl Another Planet(That song should've been really huge). Peter Perrett and bassist Mike Kellie played on at least 4 tracks on Johnny Thunders So Alone album (the other tracks were mostly backed w/Phil Lynott and Steve Jones & Paul Cook of the Sex Pistols). There are 4 bonus tracks on the CD but I'm not sure who's on 3 of those tracks but it's safe to bet it's Perrett & Kellie on the 3 final tracks.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I hadn't heard of them 'til now. I like them and it's good to know they are still around :grinthumb That guitarist is pretty good.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Soooorryy about bringing up anotherrrr Johnny Thunders reference but Only Ones guitarist John Perry is interviewed throughout the new Thunders documentary "Looking for Johnny Thunders" as John Perry played most of the guitars on Thunders Que Sera and Copy Cats albums so he knew a lot about Thunders. Perry is an excellent guitarist

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online