"The Official" Sense Field Thread

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Sense Field
507405_356x237.jpg
507405_356x237.jpg
507405_356x237.jpg

Though Sense Field was formed and had performed through much of the 90's but it was a song that was released in 2002 that introduced me too and made me a fan of the band. For the longest time I wouldn't be able to tell anyone the name of the song because for the life of me I couldn't find out any information about it. I was working in a paper mill during the summer during college vaca and I would keep hearing it at work. This was before me or my family had a computer so Google wasn't an option. Anyway, I kept trying to memorize bits and pieces of the lyrics so I could see if my fellow music addict friend knew it. Eventually we figured out we liked the same song buy he had no idea of who it was either. After about a month or so he had finally called the radio station after hearing it and it turned out to be this song:

Sense Field-Save Yourself

For me I love this type of radio rock like Better Than Ezra, Nine Days and Vertical Horizon that is palatable, easy on the ears but still real music by bands that play because they love it and just happen to catch on! A lot of times the success is short lived but they keep on playing. Also, interesting to note is they didn't need their song played on some teenybopper television show or medical soap opera to do it. Anyway this was a very sweet alternative ballad with a nice message. The song came off of this album:

Sense Field-Save Yourself
339148_1_f.jpg

The album also had some great ear candy such as:

Fun Never Ends
(The One Tree Hill crap is unrelated to the band :heheh:)

[GROOVESHARK]424968[/GROOVESHARK]

[GROOVESHARK]2626928[/GROOVESHARK]

I also bought the follow up which wasn't as good but still had some cool tracks.

Sense Field-Living Outside
51N4LeqPLhL.jpg

A Letter to Elise (Cure Cover)

Feel What You Feel

I Refuse

I'll add in their 90's content later but it only makes sense to start with what I'm into and know them for. It's be fun to explore if I find anything though! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Not bad....of all the songs that I listened through I really liked Fun Never Ends...I think that's my favorite so far. I didn't lsyen to the grooveshark tracks yet so I'll have to get to those next. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The next album in line is the heaviest I've heard and surprises me in a good way. The melodies are still there but the guitars have more punch and the vocals have more of a gritty tone.

Killed For Less
cover_sense_killed.jpg

Today and Tomorrow

Nothing Between Us

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Found these guys under a search while looking to see if there was a Vertical Horizon. Decided it was time to bump it. The more stuff I hear the more I understand why their was a buzz and fanbase prior to their breakthrough song. They seem to change with each album and manage to be pop but with darker melodies and keep the indie feel to them. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online