"The Official" Ours Thread

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Ours

508539194_dfb5215190_o.jpg

Ours is the project of singer Jimmy Gnecco. I actually first heard this band on MTV when they actually played music. This was the single:

Sometimes

I fell in love with that song and when I heard the c.d.:

Distorted Lullabies
0000028016_350.jpg

I heard a great vocal range. Jimmy could do low and brooding and just raise into a high pitched wail effortlessly. Here's an example of that album done live:

Medication

The first c.d. did drag by a slow depression but the talent was there. My favorite c.d. from them was there follow up

Precious
ours2.jpg

My favorite tracks starting with the single are:

Leaves

Realize

The most recent album

Mercy....
Mercy+Dancing+For+The+Death+Of+An+Imaginary+Enemy+CDOursMercy.jpg

is aided by Rick Rubin who has a great ear for drawing out potential in an artist sound. The album is very crisp and the songs feel a little more epic. I liked the album for the most part but it felt more detached from the previous work than I would've liked! I have a feeling the forum will like these best though! Here are some songs:

[GROOVESHARK]25426857[/GROOVESHARK]

Moth

:ec:
(weird vid that I've caught for th first time myself and there is actually a topless chick so be warned!)
God Only Wants You

So outside of album material Jimmy has a track with Brian May

Someone To Die For

and a live version of Bohemian Rhapsody which seems to be holding up! It's definitely an extension of the melody parts and fits Gneccos moodiness. It seems both the Gnecco and Queen camp are cool with each other!

Bohemian Rhapsody

I saw them do this live myself with most of the audience not even knowing who they are and it went well. Anyway, that's Ours (Jimmy Gnecco) for you! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Ours

He has some pipes!!! :grinthumb

I like Sometimes and Leaves the best!! Cool tunes. They're all really cool. So how did he hook up with Brian May?? Did they know each other prior or was it set up for the movie? I have the Spiderman movies...I need to look closer at them.

Nice Bohemian Rhapsody as well!! :cheers:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I'll be back tomorrow to give them a thorough going over Bry.;)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

S & S big long time fan of Jimmy and Ours. I've seen Ours of Jimmy solo about dozen times since 2001. Love Jimmy's vocals and all the albums. These ays I'm more a fan of Mercy but the first two albms are excellent too. It's often stated that Jimmy is a copy of Jeff Buckley, actually they were friends. They are really good live and I like the current band with Static.

Kill the Band another jem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mupjOCeocrA

435948806_8d452b39c6.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

He has some pipes!!! :grinthumb

I like Sometimes and Leaves the best!! Cool tunes. They're all really cool. So how did he hook up with Brian May?? Did they know each other prior or was it set up for the movie? I have the Spiderman movies...I need to look closer at them.

Nice Bohemian Rhapsody as well!! :cheers:

S & S big long time fan of Jimmy and Ours. I've seen Ours of Jimmy solo about dozen times since 2001. Love Jimmy's vocals and all the albums. These ays I'm more a fan of Mercy but the first two albms are excellent too. It's often stated that Jimmy is a copy of Jeff Buckley, actually they were friends. They are really good live and I like the current band with Static.

Kill the Band another jem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mupjOCeocrA

435948806_8d452b39c6.jpg

MP. I don't see anything in writing about Ours and Brian May but there just seems to be a connection or maybe just a respect for Queen through Gnecco at least. I'm sure at the least they were paired for thesong because someone made a mental connection that they fit and Brian May at least thought it would work himself. Glad you are liking the songs so far! :grinthumb

Aktivator, I avoided talking about the Jeff Buckley comparison like the plague. :heheh: I didn't want to put an idea into peoples heads but I like Buckley. I prefer Jimmy myself but I can hear the influence. By the way, I love Kill The Band! If I was indulgent enough I'd have posted the whole Precious album since it's still my favorite! :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Had a listen to Sometimes and the Bohemian Rhapsody cover. That guy definitely has a voice! The other insturments seem a bit lacking to me on first listen, but like many bands they could well be a grower. I'll definitely check the rest out later :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I like Sometimes the most, but he is a very good vocalist Bry.:tup:

Bohemian...the sound quality is too poor for me to make a judgment...:dunno:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Looking forward to Jimmy Gnecco's solo album for sure! Ours was his project anyway so it shouldn't change much but anything he touches is magnificent under any title! :grinthumb

Jimmy Gnecco-The Heart
51wF6P6BW%2BL._SS500_.jpg

Here's the first single:

Bring You Home

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online