The "Official" Jimmy Byrne Thread

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Hey there, this is where I will post updates about my music; videos, recorded songs, performances and what not...so keep checkin' in for new updates regarding my music career. :) Comments, critiques and questions are always welcome!

First off, you may, or may not have already seen this on my public profile, but I have a song of mine recorded already, called "The Drain". Listen to it if you haven't already. More to come soon! :heybaby:

The Drain - Jimmy Byrne

Last edited:

Harkat

Reaction score
I think you show quite a bit of potential there Jimmy!
The intro of your song Drain is a bit off, it starts off nice then cuts off which makes it a bit strange to listen to.
I would love to listen to some more of your stuff though!

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Thanks Harkat,

And the thing about The Drain...it's supposed to throw you off, actually. It starts off all calming and soothing, giving you the impression that the song is an easy listen, and then it goes right into this angry sounding 5 chord progression with hard drum beats...It's a song mainly based around anger...and the intro is only there to throw you off.

Anyways, thanks for listening, and I'll put more stuff up when I release the whole album. Also, my friend, an aspiring film director, agreed to film a music video for the Drain, sometime in the late spring, or summer. So I'll be posting that when it's finished as well.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't posted many updates recently...but here's what's new:

Posted a few more acoustic songs on YouTube a few weeks back, check them out:

We're Going To Be Friends (White Stripes Cover)

Lizzie

Do You Know?

Despite Everything

Blues Jam #1

Plus, I've recently run into an offer to have my songs recorded professionally in a local studio. There's this woman who my dad was introduced to through a friend...he talked with her a while on Facebook, and she knows of 2 recording studios. So I'm having a meeting with her April 9th to discuss my music in further detail. Then I'll be practicing my songs endlessly until sometime about mid-july, when I will actually be going into the studio, and walk out with a professionally recorded EP (3-5 tracks) of my songs. HOW COOL IS THAT?!?! :pullhair:

More updates soon to come on what songs will be recorded and any other information.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
So, after working this out, I can record songs in three places. So if I took advantage of all three opportunities, chances are I can compile all of the recordings onto one album for a 10 song LP...I like where this is going!!! :)

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
5 days until the big meeting---I better get prepared. I have to have the following ready:

1) Small mp3 recordings of all the songs I want to record.
2) Lyrics written down on paper for all the songs w/ chord changes.

I'm looking forward to this so much, but at the same time, I'm REALLY REALLY nervous!

Wish me luck!

Peace,
Jimmy :D

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
The full Jimmy Byrne photo shoot is now available for checking out, on my Facebook Fan Page!

Jimmy Byrne | Facebook

Feel free to visit, comment, and "Like" me if you haven't already.

Cheers! ;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Staff online

Members online