The Move (Official Thread)

spudnuto

Reaction score
A favorite of mine. Greatest British band to not "catch on" back in the day in USA...imo.

I'd heard of them way back in late 60s but never actually heard them until 1984. Found a cheap Pickwick Best Of cassette. I LOVED it! Have been a fan ever since.

Roy's Boulders is another fave.

snowblue

Reaction score
Have always been a Move and Roy Wood fan. Enjoyed the YouTube videos!

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have just purchased a ticket for Roy Woods Christmas rock n roll show in Sheffield on the 19th December, I am off for the day and meeting a festival friend from afar so will be a belter of a day, must pick up the reissued Roy Wood album On The Road Again soon:)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Removed some spam that bumped this thread and updated the thread for all you MOVE fans :grinthumb

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
The Move must be nearly one of the most neglected groups in my collection (either them or The Small Faces), they have some great songs, it'll probably the day I go down to the music store to find something from them and there's no Move Album. I cannot explain it simply because I've known about this band for a long time which is sad because I have other groups which I haven't known as long in my collection. My only reason why I haven't got any Move albums may have something to do with the price of their CDs, though occasionally I've found that price determines the quality of the sound.

Marbles

Reaction score
Bev Bevan has recently been touring as part of "Stand Up And Rock", a music and comedy show with his best mate, 70s/80s stand up comedian Jasper Carrott. I caught up with them last year.

The format of the show is two sets, both starting with half an hour of stand up from Carrott before the Bev Bevan Band take to the stage for 50 mins to an hour of covers. The first set focuses on music from the 60s, the second mainly on the 70s and 80s. A number of guests toured with them, including Trevor Burton (guitarist from The Move) and Geoff Turton (from The Rockin' Berries). Carrott joins them, on acoustic guitar, towards the end of the show.

Normally it's the kind of show that I'd run a mile from - I mainly went to see Carrott do stand up again. However, despite my scepticism I really enjoyed the show. Lots of stuff that was before my time, accompanied by a slide show of archive photographs behind, putting the songs in context and showing single sleeves and labels. The second set ended with covers of "All Around My Hat", "Rockin' All Over The World", "Don't Bring Me Down" and "Mr. Blue Sky", with a rousing singalong of "Blackberry Way" as the encore.

Now if Mr. Wood had joined them as well .....

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
It would have been good if he had joined them, usually you only get that kind of thing in London or in europe but would have been nice all the same.

E-Z

Reaction score
I have fond pre-teenage memories of the Move being played on BBC radio One circa 1967-68 with songs such as Blackberry Way & Fire Brigade also when I was a proper teenager in 1970 there UK hit California Man which was kind of a 1950s rock & roll song with a Jerry Lee Lewis piano style in it played by Jeff Lynn. Also I like there Message From The Country album from 1971 and there UK singles from that era such as Ella James, Tonight, Do Ya & Chinatown.

E-Z

Last edited:

Contrarian1

Reaction score
I like the move quite a lot. I also like Wizzard and a lot of Roy Wood stuff, and ELO. Enjoy a lot of the move singles with Carl Wayne, but prefer the two albums with Jeff Lynn.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online