The Irish Rovers

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Haha, I copied this from the other forum, cause every folk section needs something about The Irish Rovers and the story about the Unicorn! :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I do like that song,,,and everytime I hear it I remember the 1/2 hour variety show the Rovers had on CBC or CTV when I was growing up.

Classic stuff.:D

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Lord Grendel wrote:

I do like that song,,,and everytime I hear it I remember the 1/2 hour variety show the Rovers had on CBC or CTV when I was growing up.

Classic stuff.:D

Ooowe - one song from the Irish Rovers is terrible, I'll see if I can find more cause their a great group! :D

Last edited:

rtbuck

Reaction score
I also always loved the song & just recently found out that the song was written by Shel Silverstein.I always liked Silverstein's "Freakin' at the Freakers Ball" & other work he did w/ Dr. Hook & picked up the Best of Shel Silverstein.I couldn't believe seeing The Irish Rovers "Unicorn" on there & also on the album is Johnny Cash's "Boy Named Sue" which Shel wrote.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
rtbuck wrote:

I also always loved the song & just recently found out that the song was written by Shel Silverstein.I always liked Silverstein's "Freakin' at the Freakers Ball" & other work he did w/ Dr. Hook & picked up the Best of Shel Silverstein.I couldn't believe seeing The Irish Rovers "Unicorn" on there & also on the album is Johnny Cash's "Boy Named Sue" which Shel wrote.

Oh okay, and I was wondering where The Irish Rovers would have got their music from or if they were Songwriters themselves after adding all those other songs that kinda came to mind.

Unfortunately one of my favourite Irish Rovers songs I've heard on the radio isn't on YouTube at all - "Whiskey on a Sun", it's just a wonderful Accordian song and catchy too! :D

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Whiskey on a Sunday is another great catchy tune from the Irish Rovers. :D This was the best version I could find of it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online