The Haunted

Electric_Eli

Reaction score
I ran across an album (couldn't find a name on it) by The Haunted in one friends grandfather's garage. I've never heard of them before, and I've had trouble finding much information about them online. They were a Canadian garage rock band from the mid 60's to the early 70's. They're not prodigies or anything, but I found myself really getting into it. They did a French Purple Haze cover I though was pretty cool. A really like the songs Mona and Montreal Blues. Next time I see the guy, I'm going to see if he'd be willing to sell it to me. Until then, here's a couple I found on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZXkzao9KvA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9wpj2DfIQc

hqdefault.jpg

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Very interesting band ! The song 1..2..5 is a garage rock classic.I have been meaning to check THE HAUNTED out for a while.
I just love the banal line "Im Mary Jane I live down the lane" then the guitars come in...Garage heaven!
Sorry Eli....I cant see anybody wanting to part with the album..
Just listened to it on you tube...the album is quite varied in styles with rock and blues thrown in.Good stuff !

Last edited:

Electric_Eli

Reaction score
Haha, you're probably right. I'll give it a try though, I mean everyone has a price. I need to get my hands on something by them, can't find anything useful on the web either... Do you know of any groups with a similar kind of sound, something a little more mainstream, so I at least stand a chance finding it?

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Yeah..it reminds me of The Yardbirds meets The Chocolate Watchband with a dash of early Stones.

The cheapest hard copy I could find was a Voxx reissue Cd going for 59 bucks used on Amazon. Wouldn't mind having a copy myself. :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online