The Fifth Dimension (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
5th%2BDimension%2B%2B-%2BAge%2BOf%2BAquarius.jpg

The Age Of Aquarius! Let's go Up Up And Away with one of the finest vocal groups of the 1960's!! Fronted by the famous Billy Davis Jr. & Marilynn McCoo along with Florence LaRue,Lamonte McLemore, and Ron Townson.

Recording songs by such well known writers as Ashford & Simpson, Burt Bacharach and Hal David these 5 vocalist lit up every recording,especially Jimmy Webb's, Up Up And Away .

The Age Of Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In

Chissà se Tornerà

Up Up And Away

fifthdimension002.jpg.jpg

A1DT0VG6uZL._SL600_.jpg

classictracks2fifthdim.l.jpg

Last edited:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: The Fifth Dimension

I really love The Fifth Dimension. They're one of my favorite vocals groups. "Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In" is the hit that got me into them and I remember hearing it for the first time in the movie adaptation of the musical Hair (which I love) as the closing number.

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score

I liked them back in the day and I enjoy hearing their music now. My favorite was Stoned Soul Picnic. Also liked California Soul and Working On a Groovy Thing.

Stones Soul Picnic

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

What a great looking and great sounding group!! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I picked this album up a couple of days ago, thanks MP for reminding me about this great band.(My Mom had quite a few of their albums but they are not worth playing anymore.)

51ON7FNd1FL._SL500_.jpg

Generally speaking I prefer studio albums, but for a band like this an in depth compilation is usually all I need, and this one sounds really good too.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

My mom had this album from 1967:

4930228832_ec32414593.jpg

I can remember playing Up, Up, and Away and jumping on my bed, pretending I could fly. That song was a catchy tune even to an 8 year old !

Another good track from this album is Go Where You Wanna Go, which has a killer bass line. Incidently, this song is written by John Phillips from the Mamas & Popas (he was also Mackenzie Phillips dad):

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I just picked that one up last week...takes me back to my childhood whenever I listen to them.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I really love The Fifth Dimension. They're one of my favorite vocals groups. "Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In" is the hit that got me into them and I remember hearing it for the first time in the movie adaptation of the musical Hair (which I love) as the closing number.

:grinthumb

Love this movie and play..I've seen it a 100 times I think lol

I went to the 25 Reunion of the stage version years ago it was amazing !

Love The Fifth Dimension. Lovely harmonies and lyrics !Makes me think of Saturdays in the park when I was a kid..and old jukebox had it in the snackhouse...everyone played them and Three Dog Night /Tony Orlando and Dawn too :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

I have a live album somewhere.

Fast Eddie

Reaction score

marilyn mccoo was one of the more stunning beauties of the 60's and 70's...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online