The end of Gene Simmons "Family Jewels"

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Well I've read that when times are tough people like to watch rich people and celebrities on t.v. even more than they would normally. I guess they sort of live vicariously through them? Perhaps when the economy is better viewers won't care about reality shows as much anymore.

Probably said it before, but an old friend used to watch Springer, whom I consider a blight on the entertainment world. I asked him one night why he wasted his time watching such drivel...he got really pissed off with me and basically said "...because it's nice to watch people who are bigger loser's than me make fools of themselves..." Kind of sad really but there it is, and from what I've seen lately it's not getting much better.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
from Gene:

- Gene Simmons Addresses Cancellation Of "Gene Simmons Family Jewels"

Gene Simmons has addressed the cancellation of his A&E TV show on Twitter with a public statement:

"With KISS on tour and with my other business commitments, we have decided to draw the final curtain on our show ‘Gene Simmons Family Jewels.’

It has been a wonderful life-altering experience for our family and after seven successful seasons, we feel it’s time to move on.

A big thank you to A&E for allowing us to tell our story and a big thank you to our excellent producers Leslie Greif, Adam Freeman, and Adam Reed at Thinkfactory Media.

This is not the end of our story, it’s the beginning of a new chapter.

With love – Gene, Shannon, Sophie, and Nick."

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
^^I consider "reality television shows" a misnomer and the worst scourge in the history of the medium Vehicle.

I am proud say I've never watched any of them going back to Survivor when it was the greatest thing ever.:rolleyes:

I can always find something else to do than witness normal people make fools of themselves, either by intent or if indeed that is how they carry on in their private lives.

Life is too short, and I would rather live my own life than watch others live theirs' anyway.

:cheers2

Completely HATE Reality shows..I never get why they are popular ?

My life is not so boring
or my level of standards so low that watching other people get loaded laid or arrested..excites me.

I have tried to watch the popular ones {inc the worse 'talent show' ones AI , XFactor etc} And the only thing that baffles me is WHY WHY WHY do people waste their lives on this crap:wtf::pullhair:

That being said..I did enjoy some Gene Simmons shows..
watching him made me realize you CAN have a normal family in rock
Ozzy was made a fool on his show and his kids are foul mouthed and rude..I never liked watching that show..it was embrassing..Sharon Osborne made a legendary rocker into a circus freak ..at least Family Jewels showed you can be a rocker and not have a screwed up family...Gene's a money hungry egomaniac ..but he's a good dad..and i believe loves his family..I respect him for showing us that..

Don't worry I'm sure Gene will figure out a new way too cash in on his family :D

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
That being said..I did enjoy some Gene Simmons shows..
watching him made me realize you CAN have a normal family in rock
Ozzy was made a fool on his show and his kids are foul mouthed and rude..I never liked watching that show..it was embrassing..Sharon Osborne made a legendary rocker into a circus freak ..at least Family Jewels showed you can be a rocker and not have a screwed up family...Gene's a money hungry egomaniac ..but he's a good dad..and i believe loves his family..I respect him for showing us that..

Well now that time has passed Ozzy recently talked about "The Osbourne" Reality show. He said he was drunk all the time, but on a good note maybe he saw himself and knew he had to change. He's been sober for a few years now. And honestly.. He act like a person who has came back from a terrible place.
His kids have all changed too so maybe it was a good thing for them to see themselves in that way.
as for Gene.. I watched quite a bit of his shows. Some how or another I would catch each episode if they reran it. At first it was entertaining. I didn't get the chance to watch the newest show.
To be Gene to me was hard. His kids loved him but at the same time mock him as kids do their parents.
So Gene kept up that confident image. I think gene is a good guy compared to heavy drinkers like Ozzy but I really am glad to see those two do the reality shows. I seen most of them and really enjoyed them.
people waste their times on Soap opera's and to me those are what producers are trying to copy since gossip is what alot of people like to do and any look into anybody else's lives gives them something to talk about.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Well now that time has passed Ozzy recently talked about "The Osbourne" Reality show. He said he was drunk all the time, but on a good note maybe he saw himself and knew he had to change. He's been sober for a few years now. And honestly.. He act like a person who has came back from a terrible place.
His kids have all changed too so maybe it was a good thing for them to see themselves in that way.
as for Gene.. I watched quite a bit of his shows. Some how or another I would catch each episode if they reran it. At first it was entertaining. I didn't get the chance to watch the newest show.
To be Gene to me was hard. His kids loved him but at the same time mock him as kids do their parents.
So Gene kept up that confident image. I think gene is a good guy compared to heavy drinkers like Ozzy but I really am glad to see those two do the reality shows. I seen most of them and really enjoyed them.
people waste their times on Soap opera's and to me those are what producers are trying to copy since gossip is what alot of people like to do and any look into anybody else's lives gives them something to talk about.

See I don't watch soap operas either..I used be into General Hospital ..but that was 30 years ago !

when I was home recovering from my auto accident last year ...I tried watching some of the popular reality shows..you know to see if I'm missing anything..NOPE !

I'm glad Ozzy got his life together , but I didn't need or want to see them swearing and treating each other like crap..I'm sure they care about each other in REAL life but it was embrassing watch that ..my X loved it..I never really watched it

rather think of Ozzy as a legendary rocker not and old fart getting abused by his foul family...

Genes ' kids DID mock him but I saw it with a normal amount of affection. It was sweet. He wasn't the Rock Demon..he was just Dad...

And I think his kids aren't going be in and out of rehab like The Osbornes..Although if I were Shannon I would have not put up with Genes crap as long as she did..

lol I hate gossip...what am I saying..but yeah..I didn't mind watching Family Jewels too much..:cheers2:heheh:

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I watched Jewels off and on simply because I love KISS. A handful of episodes maybe.

It's the only so-called reality one I ever actually stopped on while channel surfing.

The great thing about that show was, the Fire Breathing, God Of Thunder, All Hail Me, I Own The World, Rock Icon, who was #1 everywhere he went, was actually, in his own home, last in the pecking order.

His wife owned him & his kids kept him under their thumbs.

But, not in a bad way, you know? They poked at him and made fun of him, but it wasn't ever mean spirited.

If he didn't have those people to keep him grounded, there's no telling just how huge his ego would be.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online