The Cure (Official Thread)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Re: The Cure!

The Cure was a lot like Depeche Mode and Duran Duran to me. I didn't care too much for their early material, but I got into their later stuff as they matured as a band and their sound evolved.

I second the recommendation for Wish. I think The Cure really matured as a band in the 90's and that's evident on Wish.

I also like the remixed versions of their 80's hits on 1990's Mixed Up.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
The Cure

I love this band and have all their studio albums, my mate told me they covered this recently:

They have a totally different style to a lot of bands and his voice is something that only certain people like!!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I merged your thread with the preexisting one Sweaty! You should have a good read on them with the other info in the thread! :grinthumb

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I liked "Wish" and loved the later album "The Cure" this is one of my faves though:

My fave is "The Exploding Boy" a b-side from early 80's

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

:bump:

Just thought I'd bring to light Robert Smith's (fairly) recent collaboration with electronic band Crystal Castles, as it popped into my head just then. I actually really dig it, even though it's completely different from The Cure's music :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Bumping again, to show you my brand new shirt that I wore today: (Being valentine's and all)

zoom.gif

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online