The Best Whims

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
What are the purchases you value most that came from a shot in the dark and have carried their value throughout the years?

Here are the preferred requirements for what I consider a whim and as being valuable:

. It should be a purchase made from a band you'd never heard of before usually bought by cover art alone.

. It should be a band you continue to pick up work from that point on and continues to be something of value.

My pick would be this album:

Anberlin-Never Take Friendship Personal

413J357XNKL.jpg

I bought this album based on cover art and price point alone. I knew it was art and the cover just spoke to me. It was clean, simple and pristine yet still seemed to have a heaviness to it. I had no idea that they were a Christian rock band and this band alone got me into a new wave of Christian Rock that is full of great ambiguous songwriting, great musicianship and consistent in quality. This band has one of my favorite vocalist in rock ever and is my favorite band to start past the year 2,000. They don't have a single bad album and I look forward with baited breath for every one. It's a highlight of my year when they drop a release about every other year. :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I picked up "Caress Of Steel" when I was quite young, I had heard some Rush coming from my older brother's room but never made any real connection. I bought this album purely because I was drawn into the cover artwork. I went on to collect every studio album they knocked out.

2e3og29.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicdude420

Members online