Temples (Psychedelic)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm glad I could offer something new and that you guys may like it even more than I do. May be I should tag the genre next to more bands in the future. :)

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Their debut album, "Sun Structures" is out today. I stumbled into this info at AllMusic and found the description of their sound very interesting.

Here's the opening song from the new album:

Could it look and sound any more 60s than this??? lol. I like the song but I hope there's a more original element to them and I hope it comes out in the other songs.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
:gig I knew I listened to this band last year must have been here. damn you soot.

Been enjoying the new album today!

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Okay I've listened to this album about 3 times so far and I have to say that it is not bad for a debut. But it not great either. The dreamy melodies are certainly there all over the album. It sounds like a psychedelic rock record straight out of 1968! There are several sections that sound almost like they've been lifted directly or sampled from well-known Byrds, Pink Floyd or even Beatles records. But the problem is there is nothing here that is new or unique. The songs are slowly getting more memorable though. Watch this space.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.