Susan Boyle Cancels TV Appearance After Lou Reed Rejection

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
U.K. singing sensation Susan Boyle has shown she's prone to tabloid-grabbing emotional breakdowns in public places, but was her latest crying fit, in Los Angeles yesterday, caused by Lou Reed? A TMZ report says Reed personally declined permission for Boyle to perform his Transformer track "Perfect Day" on an episode of America's Got Talent. (TMZ wrote earlier that Reed simply "isn't a Boyle fan.") The rejection came after Boyle had already flown from London to Los Angeles to perform the song, and caused her to cancel her appearance entirely.

Read full article here.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
You should have posted this too then there would be no questions.

"A rep for Reed, however, denied that the Velvet Underground singer was the one who rejected Boyle, saying that a mix-up in the paperwork — the song was cleared for use on Britain's Got Talent, the show that discovered Boyle, and not America's Got Talent, where Boyle was to appear on the season finale — resulted in the refusal. Piers Morgan, the America's Got Talent judge (and Larry King's upcoming replacement), confirmed that "Perfect Day" simply wasn't cleared in time for broadcast, telling Access Hollywood, "I think there's just some issue about the releasing of the Lou Reed song 'Perfect Day,' and ironically, it turned into an imperfect day." With only two hours before show time and no other songs rehearsed, Boyle boarded a plane back to London."

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Tempest in a tea cup. Simply a sequence of events playing out due to lack of proper communications. Most artists are flattered when someone covers their old songs, it generates money and gives them a boost, not being a Lou Reed or Susan Boyle fan this whole thing doesn't bother me. But they should both check their management side to try and avoid this kind of thing in the future. I have nothing against Susan Boyle, for her to stand up and sing the way she does takes courage that I do not possess, and if I did have a song laying around she wanted to take a shot at, be my guest.:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online