Styx "Regeneration Vol 1 & 2"

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
melodicrock.com

STYX ANNOUNCE REGENERATION VOLUME I & II AS A DOUBLE-DISC SET THROUGH EAGLE ROCK ENTERTAINMENT:
Superstar rock group Styx announced today that it will release Regeneration Volume I & II as a double-disc set through Eagle Rock Entertainment on October 4. Originally released independently through Styx' web site and sold on tour, the two discs will now be available commercially for the first time. The new package consists of past Styx hits re-recorded in new digital versions by the current lineup of Styx, which features classic members Tommy Shaw and James "JY" Young along with keyboardist/singer Lawrence Gowan, drummer Todd Sucherman and bassist Ricky Phillips. Founding member Chuck Panozzo also played bass on some tracks.
The two discs touch on Styx classics like "The Grand Illusion," "Come Sail Away," "Renegade" and "Fooling Yourself," along with deeper album cuts like "Sing for the Day," "Lorelei" and "Snowblind." There is one new Styx studio track entitled "Difference in the World," as well as two new Styx recordings of "Coming of Age" and "High Enough," two hits originally recorded by Tommy Shaw's supergroup Damn Yankees.
Eagle Rock Entertainment previously released Styx: One With Everything, a DVD and Blu-ray filmed with The Contemporary Youth Orchestra Of Cleveland.
In December Eagle Rock will release a new Styx live project, The Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight – Live, on DVD/CD, DVD, and Blu-ray. That footage was filmed last fall during a tour that had the band performing two of its classic albums - 1977's breakthrough The Grand Illusion and 1978's Pieces of Eight - in their entirety.
Continue reading on Examiner.com

styx-regenerationvol2.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'd like to hear the new song, but I'm not too keen on having Gowan recording Dennis' vocals. :nw:

I am looking forward to a new live DVD though. :grinthumb

runtfan

Reaction score
I'd like to hear the new song, but I'm not too keen on having Gowan recording Dennis' vocals. :nw:

I am looking forward to a new live DVD though. :grinthumb

I agree. I missed the Grand Illusion/Pieces of Eight tour and look forward to seeing that.
Lawrence Gowan is an exceptional keyboard player and has been a pretty good replacement, overall, for Dennis DeYoung...but he's nowhere the singer that Dennis is.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
...and you know...even if he was..or if he had a younger voice and could hit longer notes or whatever...it's not the personality, or the character that even a lesser Dennis voice could give it.

See Halford and Ripper Owens. We know that Ripper, at the time he sang for Priest, was hitting all the high notes, and higher and longer ones at that, than the man himself...but that was really about it.

When Halford came back, we got all the rest that our eyes and ears were missing. Dennis returning to STYX would do the same and they would be a MUCH bigger band to be reckoned with.

:grinthumb

Fever

Reaction score
I am not big on bands re-recording their hits and putting them out on new cds.I still enjoy going to see them in concert with the new members but I prefer the original recordings.

Styx will be in town this Friday and they aren't playing with anyone else.As far as I can tell they are only playing about 3 more songs than they played last year when I saw them with Foreigner and Kansas.So I will probably pass this show.I don't want to pay the same amount of money for fewer songs.If it was a 3 hour set I might go.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online