"Stand by me"

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
to really appreciate this song, you have to hear the original version by its writer:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am sorry, billtjr51, I didn't mean that the video wasn't good, I was just commenting on the song :D

The Moogaloop video did have very diverse people!

billtjr51

Reaction score
I am sorry, billtjr51, I didn't mean that the video wasn't good, I was just commenting on the song :D

The Moogaloop video did have very diverse people!

I know. I love the original also. I was just adding that the Moogaloop video was unique because of the diversity. I didn't take your comment as negative.

Muzoid

Reaction score
Saw that the other day...pretty cool project, well put together.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Gene Clark did an interesting version (which is a bonus track on the Gene Clark Album from 1971) - I think it was done around the time John Lennon revamed the song (I'm not sure though - it all happened after Lennon broke up with the Beatles and went Solo anyway). But Ben E. King has that Style about him which makes his version a standout. I just had to appreciate the man for appearing on stage at a concert dedicate to the music of Leiber & Stoller - which is on DVD (for which King cowrote the song with Leiber & Stoller). Anyway it's just a marvelous song - always Loved it! :-D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online