Soundtrack Of Our Lives

newdawnfades

Reaction score
I've been listening to this band lately. What a throwback! Many of their songs could easily fit into the late 60's/early 70's. Their drummer sounds alot like Keith Moon. I'd recommend picking up one of their albums if you are a classic rock fan. The album I am currently checking is "Origin, Vol. 1" and it is very refreshing.

They sound a little like early Who, but not to be pegged as such. Just alot of different influences there. Heck, Lone Summer Dream sounds a bit Beach Boyish.

I cannot believe a band like this doesn't get any radio airplay. It's sad really.

Anyone heard of Soundrack Of Our Lives?

Last edited:

newdawnfades

Reaction score
No takers huh? All these classic rock fans and nobody knows of this group? That IS kind of amazing to me. I just don't want to hear the typical complaint about how there's nothing to listen to nowadays.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
I got their Behind The Music CD. Someone sent it to me to check out. I rather like them and intend to get more by them. Is Origin, Vol. I their latest release?

newdawnfades

Reaction score
Origin Vol 1 is a really good album, and I believe it's their latest. The song Transcendal Suicide pretty much epitomizes their sound. It REALLY sounds like a Who song, the drums have captured the spirit of Keith Moon.

The album Present From The Past is another one i'd recommend. Dogs Days is a nice, almost psychedelic interlude. Infinite Zero, another cool song with an acoustic intro. The New Messiah almost sounds like it's being sung by Michael Stipe, with the nice banjo interlude. There's still quite a few songs I haven't listened to yet. But their style is definitely appealing.

If you like that 60's straight rock, The Who, The Rolling Stones, style then you are going to like these guys.

B000BYKAU0.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpgB0007TKH6G.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Last edited:

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Okay, I think the Alzheimer's is starting in on me...either that or I'm so busy with so much crap my mind is slowly leaking from overload...

I have Origin Vol. I in my station library!!!! Got it last year with a bunch of other CDs. No wonder the listener sent it to me and said I would like it. LOL

The station has been off a while now while we're relocating so I kind of forgot.... :eek:

I really do like this band. :D

Zombeels

Reaction score
All these classic rock fans and nobody knows of this group?
C'mon, do your research.
I'm a big fan of Soundtrack Of Our Lives. I mention them in my favourite artists of the 90's thread here (post #18). I also mention them in the best new music thread here (post #26). I also provide a link to my favourite albums in a thread here and the Soundtrack Of Our Lives "Welcome To The Infant Freebase" comes in at #20. Although their last couple of Albums are pretty good nothing beats "Welcome To The Infant Freebase" or "Extended Revelation"

Favourite songs are Instant Repeater 99, Embryonic Rendezvous, Galaxy Gramophone and Grand Canaria.

They do deserve their own thread. ;)

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had never heard of this band before, and that doesn't surprise me about a Swedish band that gets 0 radio play in the USA.

I checked out a few of their vids, and they are not all that bad. The music sounds very retro-sixties but with a modern more polished production. Honestly, I have not heard any other modern day band that even comes close to the sound of this group. I haven't listened to enough of the music to form a fair opinion, but my curiosity is peaked to hear more.

This is a pretty good acoustic song, but I have to say the vocalist sings off key quite frequently. Maybe that is the beauty of his voice, but the music is just to pretty to have a bad vocalist.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I like Soundtrack Of Our Lives got introduced to them when they toured with Oasis in the early 00's. The guitarist is a bit over the top and creepy outfits but I like the singers vocals (he is a big guy). I agree a unique sound. The two albums I've got are

Behind the Music and Extended Revelation but also like
Origin Vol. I

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online