Sleep

stimulus973

Reaction score
NOTE- If this band was already posted and discussed i apologize. not trying to make the forums a mess, but i'm just very new to this site. sorry.-

Sleep is a Doom/Stoner band, actually the one that got me more into the doomish sludge sound. I've always loved Sabbath so this sound sort of undeniable to me.

Official Website

Albums
1991 Volume One
1992 Volume Two
1993 Holy Mountain
1999 Jerusalem
2003 Dopesmoker

Dragonaut

YouTube - Sleep - Dragonaut

From Beyond

YouTube - Sleep - From Beyond

Both these songs are off the album Holy Mountain, which there performing in NY in the near future. Some similar sounds that they've lead me to are Buzzoven, Bongzilla, Kyuss, and Electric Wizard. Witch and Pentagram are great doom bands as well.

Do you guys know of Sleep? like um? hate um?

Last edited by a moderator:

stimulus973

Reaction score
Just found where this topic belongs. again im sorry. Ill take a good look around for where to post things

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Sleep's Dragonaut is the best song to piss me and my friend off when he plays it. It really becomes annoying, but we just change our minds when we hear bass fuzzing.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

Gonna bump this thread.

Such a great band. Listening to Dopesmoker right now. It is a one hour song. It actually played a big part in why they broke up back in 1998. They had issues with the studio saying it was unmarketable.

Also wanted to say it should really probably be moved into the Doom section.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score

Gonna bump this thread.

Such a great band. Listening to Dopesmoker right now. It is a one hour song. It actually played a big part in why they broke up back in 1998. They had issues with the studio saying it was unmarketable.

Also wanted to say it should really probably be moved into the Doom section.

F-F-F-F-F-F-F-FAR O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OUT STONER/DOOM COOOOOOOOOOL TOO:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online