Showing some Imogen Heap love!

Ember

Reaction score
I find something so comforting about her stuff when I'm sad. It doesn't try to convince you otherwise, but it soothes and comforts the intensity and somehow makes me realize these moments are only passing and ok to embrace.
(Comfortably Numb by Floyd is another one that does that to me. Although Floyd has a bit darker effect on me, which I admit I do like at times)

This one gives me chills every time!

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
OMG I love Imogen Heap! Just so frickin' slick and cool.... My favorites:

I really like her because it's sort of this drippingly... I don't want to say maudlin, or sentimental.... It's really emotional music, it's like everything that's happening to her and everything that exists is so consequential, it's affecting her and these experiences are meaningful. It's grandiose, but I mean that in the best way possible. I don't have a lot of that kind of material in my collection, not on that level. The closest thing would be something like Neil Young in his early days.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Jeff Beck, Tal Wilkenfeld and Imogen Heap Live @ Ronnie Scott`s

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I didn't move your thread, but from what I've read she's considered more alternative rock/pop than prog.

I can move her to the 1990's section if you like Ember...that's when she started.

Ember

Reaction score
Oh no, no. This section is ok. Just kind of felt like being called out by the teacher for making a mistake. :heheh:
I'm sensing a "What is Prog" thread coming up soon though. heehee

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online