• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

laverc

█ █ █ █ █
Reaction score
I dont think so. His beat was vital to the band's style. It's like seeing Led Zeppelin losing Bonham.

E-Z

Reaction score
NO they shouldn't carry on and in fact I would go a lot further and say they should have 'packed it in' a long time ago probably when Bill Wyman left back in 1993 but both Mick and Keith I believe love performing live.

Personally the only 'Stones' stuff that I listen to these days is the Decca records stuff from 1963-1971 along with the Sticky Fingers album in 1971 after that I sometimes listen to Goats Head Soup 1973 and the Love You Live album from 1975-76 and maybe the Some Girls album from 1977-78 when I am in the mood although Tattoo You from 1980-81 gets the odd play every now and then as well.

I have been reading about the free Altamont (fiasco) concert in December 1969 plus watching the Gimme Shelter movie very recently that features some of the scenes on and around the 4ft high stage that Santana, The Flying Burrito's, The Jefferson Airplane, CSN&Y and finally the Stones played on (The Grateful Dead pulled out at the last minute even though they showed up at the gig!) and it is fascinating to read the book and watch the movie anyway in my humble opinion that was when the stones were at the 'hight of their powers' and with the release of the Sticky Fingers album later on in 1971 along with Keith Richards who looked so cool back then THEY WERE THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD WITHOUT A DOUBT!!.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online