Saltatio Mortis

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
historie-samo-band-dkh_0.jpg

Saltatio Mortis is a band I just discovered recently that has such epic music that I felt I should introduce everyone to them.

Saltatio Mortis is a German Gothic/Folk metal band that formed in 2000. The Band uses bagpipes, a Shalm (which is a double reed woodwind instrument from the 13th century), Flutes, Fiddles, a lute (which may or may not have frets), mandolins, and other midieval instruments. The vocals are in German, but mix so perfectly with the music that it adds dimension to the music, which to me actually adds to the epic quality of the music.

Saltatio Mortis translates to "Dance of Death" in English. Don't let the name fool you, the music is far from death metal. Saltatio Mortis have released 9 studio albums, and have gained quite a large fan base.

Their first release, a self-release and quite raw, just barely a hint of what they become with later releases. This release is more folk and celtic than metal, so dont give up on them........

12180.jpg

the 2nd release of 2001, which is taking on a more gothic metal approach:

2je9yrq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I love folk metal but missed these guys...9 albums huh?? Thanks for the tip Magic...I'll listen to these and look more into them. :cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here is a teaser from 2009, just to show how epic and refined this band has become:

If you watch the images in the video, I am not so sure I want to know what the lyrics translate to :uh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Saltatio Mortis ~Salome featuring Doro Pesch

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent, MP. I learned something from this video, too. I didn't know Doro was German.......she sure rocks, though \m/

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I opened for her once...she sat through my whole set too....:flirt

I was in love that night. :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online