Ryley Walker

Moonflower

Banned
Reaction score
I just discovered Ryley Walker a few months ago. His musical influences are John Martyn, Bert Jansch, Tim Buckley, Nick Drake, etc., and you hear bits and pieces of those artists in many of his songs. He is a very talented guitarist and songwriter (25 years old I think?). Here's a song off his latest album, Primrose Green, released March 31, 2015:

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Very nice Moonflower! I can hear all the artist you mentioned and I think he'd be a draw for fans of Gordon Lightfoot and Van Morrison as well. The sound is very modest and understated but there's a lot going on at the same time with that guitar work. I'm going to spread the name of this artist around! :grinthumb

Moonflower

Banned
Reaction score
That's great, Soot! :) You've made my day!! I'm thrilled that you like his music and that you'll spread the word about him! He is slowly gaining a fan base as people find out about his musical style. Ryley released his first EP in 2013, his first LP/album in 2014, and his latest LP/album this year. He is fabulous live, too. I caught one of his shows last month and got to meet him after the show. Not only is he talented, but he's a very nice guy, too.

This song is off of his first full length album, 'All Kinds Of You' from 2014:
Ryley Walker ~ The West Wind

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I just discovered Ryley Walker a few months ago. His musical influences are John Martyn, Bert Jansch, Tim Buckley, Nick Drake, etc., and you hear bits and pieces of those artists in many of his songs. He is a very talented guitarist and songwriter (25 years old I think?). Here's a song off his latest album, Primrose Green, released March 31, 2015:

Very nice Moonflower! I can hear all the artist you mentioned and I think he'd be a draw for fans of Gordon Lightfoot and Van Morrison as well. The sound is very modest and understated but there's a lot going on at the same time with that guitar work. I'm going to spread the name of this artist around! :grinthumb

wow was searching for an other artist on amazon, and Ryley Walker was a recommend artist along side the musician so surfed youtube.com and was hooked I wondered if you`d be here @Soot and Stars I`ll also thank @Moonflower for the thread hoping that Sweaty, Sox and Sharp Dressed Man oh must also hope Tray73 comes along too!

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
@Moonflower I just cannot understand why so few here aren't into Ryley Walker. I`m listening to "Golden Sings That Have Been Sung" and imho its awesome I`ve gotten the two disc edition the 41:30mins Jamming out of the song "Sullen Mind" wow breath taking...

Attachments

• 51ABBj76iFL._SS500_PJStripe-Robin-Large,TopLeft,0,0.jpg
    51ABBj76iFL._SS500_PJStripe-Robin-Large,TopLeft,0,0.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 5

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online