RUSH To Release New Concert DVD In November

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

rushlivenationpromo2015_638.jpg

Canadian rock legends RUSH had both of their hometown Toronto performances — on June 17 and June 19 at the Air Canada Centre — professionally filmed and recorded for a future live DVD release. It is the first time the band had filmed a hometown concert in almost 20 years — since the recording of RUSH's 1997 show at the Molson Canadian Amphitheatre on the "Test For Echo" tour. Prior to that, they recorded the legendary "Exit…Stage Left" at Massey Hall in 1980.

The new RUSH set will be released on CD/DVD on November 20 via Zoe / Rounder Records / Concord Music Group.

Featuring almost three hours of footage, the release includes multiple songs that have either never been performed before or never been captured on video.

Unlike other concert DVDs where the looks is the same throughout, this show has an extremely extensive setup that changes multiple times throughout the show (as the set list moves back in time, the stage setup reflects the band’s stage setup from that period in their career).

The song "Roll The Bones" from the upcoming concert CD will be released on September 25 via all digital music outlets. The cover artwork for the single can be seen below.

RUSH's "R40 Live" tour wrapped on August 1 in Los Angeles, California at the Forum.

Asked how he is feeling about the idea of retiring from the road, RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson told The Canadian Press: "I have such mixed feelings about it. In one way, I feel relief. I think that 40 years is a long time to be touring the way we tour. I really like being home with my grandkids. At 61, I don't feel there's anything we need to prove."

He continued: "I still love playing. But in [drummer] Neil's [Peart] case, for example, his job is really tough. Playing the way he does is very, very difficult on his body. He has chronic tendonitis in his arms and he's had problems with his shoulders.

"It's just getting to the point, no matter how much we love doing it, that it's much more demanding and much more difficult."

Lifeson added: "I've always hated the idea of being one of those guys who's just up there, old and barely able to move — just doing it for fear of not doing it, or not making an extra buck or whatever.

"If this is the last major tour that we do, [I want to] go out with flying colors, where everybody remembers the show they went to as the best RUSH they've [seen].

"That's a nice legacy to leave behind — rather than the worn-out shadow of something you once were."

Out now is "R40", a RUSH video box set on six Blu-ray discs or 10 DVDs. The collection includes live footage from all four decades of the band's career, including over two hours of previously unreleased material, a rare performance of "2112" in its entirety, three previously unreleased tracks from 1974, and more.

rushrollthebonesinglelive_0.jpg

Read more at Rush To Release New Concert Dvd In November - Blabbermouth.net

TMG

Titus Maximus Headphonius
Reaction score
Better make the most of all these Rush tour DVD's (they do one on every tour) since it sounds like, sadly, they may never tour again if what Alex Lifeson is saying is true, that basically Neil Peart's arms are about ready to fall off.

All phenomenal things come to an end eventually, and in my experience of watching them for 35 years, a Rush concert qualifies as a truly phenomenal thing.

TMG

Reaction score
First clip I've come across from this new concert DVD...I really can't wait to get my hands on the full thing on release day, fact is it's driving me nuts not having it!

I can't think of any actual 'band' (that's not singer/songwriters) who I've personally rated as highly as Rush over these past 30+ years - for me maybe only Pearl Jam. Truthfully these guys have never really gotten the credit they deserve. I swear in 100 years people are going to look back at some of their stuff and still be impressed.

gguerra

Reaction score
Rush is in my top 3 favorite bands but I have enough of their DVD's already. The list is long. The same goes for The Who, with no new material I don't see the point.

TMG

Reaction score
Rush is in my top 3 favorite bands but I have enough of their DVD's already. The list is long. The same goes for The Who, with no new material I don't see the point.

Yeah I can see your point, but with Rush every new tour/stage show is radically different visually from the last, and by common consent of other Rush fans I know who saw them on this last R40 Live tour, this was probably the best show they have ever done. I saw them in Newark, NJ in June, and I remember coming out of the arena thinking I really hope they have cameras at one of these gigs because that was just mind-blowing.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

On Nov. 20, Rush will release R40 Live, an audio and video document of their most recent tour. Today they unveiled the track listings for both the CD and DVD/Blu-ray, as well as a trailer, which you can watch above.

R40 Live was filmed during two shows the band played at the Air Canada Centre in its hometown of Toronto last summer. Earlier this week, they gave a preview of “Roll the Bones,” which featured an all-star cast, including Peter Dinklage, Paul Rudd, Jason Segel and Tom Morello guesting on the rap portion of the song.

The cover photograph of R40 Live was taken by Randy “The Big Unit” Johnson, the five-time Cy Young Award winning former baseball pitcher, and features Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson standing on Neil Peart‘s drum riser. In a statement reprinted in Rolling Stone, he said, “As a friend and fan of Rush, and the passion I have for photography to capture moments, it’s great that both can blend together in a lasting impression, here for the world to see.”

Rush have said that the R40 Live tour is likely to be the last major tour they will undertake. During the shows, they paid tribute to their past, not just with their set list, but also the set design, which changed repeatedly during the night to reflect the era in which the song they were playing was recorded.

Rush “R40 Live’ Track Listing

CD
Disc One
1. “The World is … The World is …”
2. “The Anarchist”
3. “Headlong Flight”
4. “Far Cry”
5. “The Main Monkey Business”
6. “How It Is”
7. “Animate”
8. “Roll the Bones”
9. “Between the Wheels”
10. “Losing It” (with Ben Mink)
11. “Subdivisions”

Disc Two
1. “Tom Sawyer”
2. “YYZ”
3. “The Spirit of Radio”
4. “Natural Science”
5. “Jacob’s Ladder”
6. “Hemispheres: Prelude”
7. “Cygnus X-1/The Story So Far” (drum solo)
8. “Closer to the Heart”
9. “Xanadu”
10. “2112”

Disc Three
1. “Mel’s Rockpile” (with Eugene Levy)
2. “Lakeside Park/Anthem”
3. “What You’re Doing/Working Man”

Bonus
4. “One Little Victory”
5. “Distant Early Warning”
6. “Red Barchetta”
7. “Clockwork Angels”
8. “The Wreckers”
9. “The Camera Eye”
10. “Losing It” (with Peter Dinklage)

DVD/Blu-ray
Set One
1. “The World is .. The World is … ”
2. “The Anarchist”
3. “Headlong Flight”
4. “Far Cry”
5. “The Main Monkey Business”
6. “How It Is”
7. “Animate”
8. “Roll the Bones”
9. “Between the Wheels”
10. “Losing It” (with Ben Mink)
11. “Subdivisions”

Set Two
1. “No Country for Old Hens”
2. “Tom Sawyer”
3. “YYZ”
4. “The Spirit of Radio”
5. “Natural Science”
6. “Jacob’s Ladder”
7. “Hemispheres: Prelude”
8. “Cygnus X-1/The Story So Far” (drum solo)
9. “Closer to the Heart”
10. “Xanadu”
11. “2112”

Encore
1. “Mel’s Rockpile” (with Eugene Levy)
2. “Lakeside Park/Anthem”
3. “What You’re Doing/Working Man”
4. “Exit Stage Left”

Bonus
1. “One Little Victory”
2. “Distant Early Warning”
3. “Red Barchetta”

Read More: Rush Release Track Listing and Trailer for 'R40 Live' | Rush Release Track Listing and Trailer for 'R40 Live'

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online