Rush (Official Thread)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I think Clockwork Angels is very bassy.

I listened to a vinyl rip of it and yes, it is very bassy. But in a good way. I like the bass on it. It has kind of a Geddy throwback vibe to it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
So what does anyone think of the Vapor Trails REMIXED CD.....I got mine yetserday and it sounds pretty good. Real BASSY in spots though.

Haven't been to the record shop in a while, next time I'm there I'll see if they have a vinyl copy. I don't mind a record having 'heavy bass', you can always take it down a notch or two with your preamp controls etc., but it's better than a 'tinny' album where you can't bring the bass up to a solid foundation.

As long as the 'loudness' insanity has been avoided with the remix that worries me more than anything else these days.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I always cut the bass on everything. I like tinny, but cranked up through 100 watts per channel! I don't like loudness on recordings since the early nineties.

The only time I boost the bass is occasionally for Chris Squire and John Entwistle.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I always cut the bass on everything. I like tinny, but cranked up through 100 watts per channel! I don't like loudness on recordings since the early nineties.

The only time I boost the bass is occasionally for Chris Squire and John Entwistle.

Really totally opposite for me, I love a nice warm solid feel to my music nothing irritates me more than a tinny/skinny recording no matter what genre.:nw:

Saw a copy of Vapour Trails yesterday for $30 at Free Cloud records, but I ended up getting a Foreigner and Moody Blues record instead. I'll have to listen to VT again before deciding whether I'll spend the brass for a new record.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I picked VT up LG...and I like it. Still a bit bassy...but overall sounds good.

I have to be honest though...I pretty much bought it from a completist point of view and being an over the top RUSH fan....I mean, I'm not sure how much more I'll spin this one than I did my original copy.

I need C.A. (Collector's Anonymous) :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^We're in the same boat MP, certain bands I have to collect all their albums and RUSH is on that list.

I would rather spend $30 on used copies of 2112, Hemispheres and A Farewell to Kings. I wished they re-released all their albums up to Grace...on new vinyl again.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.