Ronnie Wood -The Mad Lad!

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Yep..and good to see Ronnie doing something outside the Stones framework..his creative juices seemed to dry up after about 10 years with the band.
Not surprised..the Glimmer Twins grab the recognition for everything..Hey Negrita was Ron's, All The Way Down, Black Limousine. Even it's Only Rock n Roll was originally his.
I know he was tied to CBS/ Warner for a four album deal..but up to the luke warm 1234, his albums were good- Roy Thomas Baker must have been on the nose candy on Gimme Some Neck...terrible production. Now Ron is off the sauce and powders his axe work is spot on..(tbh) keef is too!
If he tours with this Chuck Berry thing-i'm in.

E-Z

Reaction score
Yep..and good to see Ronnie doing something outside the Stones framework..his creative juices seemed to dry up after about 10 years with the band.
Not surprised..the Glimmer Twins grab the recognition for everything..Hey Negrita was Ron's, All The Way Down, Black Limousine. Even it's Only Rock n Roll was originally his.
I know he was tied to CBS/ Warner for a four album deal..but up to the luke warm 1234, his albums were good- Roy Thomas Baker must have been on the nose candy on Gimme Some Neck...terrible production. Now Ron is off the sauce and powders his axe work is spot on..(tbh) keef is too!
If he tours with this Chuck Berry thing-i'm in.
I believe that was a reason why Mick Taylor left the band back in 1974 because he wasn't getting some of the writing credits on some songs that he considered he should have been credited on.

I had Ronnie's I Got My Own Album To Do, Now Look & Gimme Some Neck all on cds about 10-12 years ago and with Gimme Some Neck from 1979 I thought it was a fairly good listen although I believe I only played it a couple of times right through but it sounded alright.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Here's "Rock 'N' Roll Music" featuring Imelda May.

And the album track list:

1. Tribute to Chuck Berry
2. Talking About You
3. Mad Lad
4. Wee Wee Hours (feat Imelda May)
5. Almost Grown (feat Imelda May)
6. Back In The USA
7. Blue Feeling
8. Worried Life Blues
9. Little Queenie
10. Rock ‘N’ Roll Music (feat Imelda May)
11. Johnny B Goode

I'm looking forward to this album!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.