Rolling Stones!!!

jackory

The NEW King of Pop
Reaction score

My all-time favorite Stones' song. Mick Taylor really knocked the ball out of the park with this one.

Sorry about the stupid, pretentious video footage here...it was all I could find on YouTube. Close your eyes and open your ears. And if, by some unfortunate twist of fate, you haven't heard this song, prepare to be bowled over.

jackory

The NEW King of Pop
Reaction score
Hadn't seen that performance of Gimme Shelter. YouTube videos often have big problems with audio/video sync, but I think this one is probably lip synced for whatever show it's from. No, I don't mean probably. It IS a synced performance all around. But who cares. It's great to see that line-up of the Stones in the same room together. This was right at about the time they evolved from being a good rock and roll band into "the greatest rock and roll band of all time". They were able to maintain that level of quality for a couple of years later, but what goes up must come down and gradually that's what happened.

Love that see through plexi-glass guitar Keith is sporting. I used to have a poster of the Stones on my wall when I was a kid and he had that same axe slung from down his shoulder. I thought it was cool as hell and Keef was always my favorite.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
Muddy Waters Let's spend the night together Rolling Stones

I was looking for the Ed Sullivan performance but that's probably been removed from YouTube... thought this was an interesting version though.