• Rival Sons~ Pressure And Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OOO Weeee.. Glad you polled these..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Yes..you are right...I see them mentioned in a poll by you goin g back to 2014.
I guess no one had brought them up for a while so I missed those older posts.

I love their style and a fan but lets be honest .....without Zep, Free, Humble Pie. Stones, Black Crowes,. etc....would Rival sons even have the same sound?
UM.. Would Zep or the Doors ever have remakes of blues songs by Howlin Wolf or other Blues artist??
There is another Zep clone band I have heard people think they sound like wanna be Zeppelin's.

Kingdom Come
:good

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
UM.. Would Zep or the Doors ever have remakes of blues songs by Howlin Wolf or other Blues artist??
There is another Zep clone band I have heard people think they sound like wanna be Zeppelin's.

Kingdom Come
:good
Wow,,,,they are definitely doin the Zep thing. Never heard of them ....here's another that has gotten a lot of press the last few years as far as being a Zep clone.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Wow,,,,they are definitely doin the Zep thing. Never heard of them ....here's another that has gotten a lot of press the last few years as far as being a Zep clone.
Interesting story about Greta Van Fleet. Named after a lady from their hometown out of Michigan.. I found out about them awhile back.. They are brothers and the lead singer voice I like.
Highway Tune is my favorite by them so far..

Not sure the Zeppelin connection though..:huh:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Interesting story about Greta Van Fleet. Named after a lady from their hometown out of Michigan.. I found out about them awhile back.. They are brothers and the lead singer voice I like.
Highway Tune is my favorite by them so far..

Not sure the Zeppelin connection though..:huh:
Well...almost every critic and music fan Ive talked to think they are heavily influenced by them....Robert Plant has even commented on this several years ago.
-From wiki,
" Greta Van Fleet is often compared to Led Zeppelin.[78] Jake related that he "... went through a year of really intensely studying what [Jimmy] Page did to the point I knew how he thought." He has also studied other classic rock guitarists in a similar manner, specifically mentioning Pete Townshend.[79] Likewise, on his voice being compared to Robert Plant's, Josh said that Plant has certainly been an influence, "though it's not what I was going for."[80] Stating that he did not even know who Led Zeppelin were until high school, he explained that his singing style came out naturally one day while struggling to be heard over the rest of the band.[79] In a March 2018 interview, Plant said of Greta Van Fleet, "they are Led Zeppelin I" and described Josh as "a beautiful little singer."
-FRom a simple google question on their sound:
In recent years everyone from NME and Rolling Stone to Ultimate Guitar have noted the striking similarity between Led Zeppelin's legendary sound and the music GVF began making decades later. Even Robert Plant chimed in, claiming that “they are Led Zeppelin I” in 2017.

There have been so many people sayng this that GVF eventually told interviewers to quit asking about their Zep sound and influence.
I also think Rival Sons have been influenced by Zep on multiple tracks.

Interesting article

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online