Ride (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Ride

Great band and its nice to see some people on the forum take an interest in them. RIDE were one of my favorite bands from the 90s Brit/pop shoegaze era .:bow: Perhaps overshadowed by Creation label mates OASIS ..they were popular and record sales were good.
I have most of their records on vinyl...in the days of the 12 inch record with about 4 tracks on. The artwork on these were superb . Strangely, one of RIDEs greatest works the "going blank again" album, sounds great !!!....but the cover is hideous IMO
Got to see RIDE "live" supporting VERVE in the early days...of course I remember them being good......but it was a rare gig I attended where I was to say the least a bit drunk [ ok.....hammered lol :heheh: ]Who I went with I cant remember
So heres RIDEs discography....only 4 studio albums [ though there are complilations and 12 inches ] . All good stuff :cheers2

Nowhere 1990
Going blank again 1992
Carnival of light 1994
Tarantula 1996

.......and my favorite track by RIDE "Drive blind "

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Heres a top RIDE track from the "Going blank again" album :grinthumb
Twisterella

The final RIDE album" Tarantula" wasnt a particular great album and didnt sell too well...still, saying that there are a few tracks worthy
Black nite crash

Anyone liking RIDEs shoegaze/indie style of music should check out similar bands......CATHERINE WHEEL . CHAPTERHOUSE ,REVOLVER all recomended

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
RIDE are back !!! :woot: They have reformed . It also seems Beady Eye have split. Andy Bell who has spent 15 years with Liam Gallagher ,in OASIS and BEADY EYE was now free to reform his old band. Expect RIDE to be hitting the festivals......watch this space ! :grinthumb

Attachments

• ride.jpg
    ride.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 11

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
2 more classic RIDE tracks.....looking forward to seeing these guys again sometime

Unfamiliar/ Leave them all behind

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I fell asleep for an hour or so a little while ago and dreamt about this Ride song :grinthumb I just remember feeling happy in the dream :)

I just noticed Lou posted the song a couple of years ago.

Twisterella

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
No harm in listening to it again Sunny,Twisterella is such a good track. I have been playing RIDE cds/albums all week and it has been refreshing ! I think they will go back to their old style to keep their fans happy......I think this musical style is back in demand with Slowdive,Jesus and the Mary Chain,Catherine Wheel and Loop reforming. Iam delighted ! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online