Richard Hawley

~Banshee~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
Yeh, not exactly the kind of artist you'd really expect many hardcore rock fans to like considering most of his songs are quite mellow. I could listen to his voice all day long, it really does hit a spot for me, I thought it was maybe a female thing :D...some of my personal favourites...

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Fantastic artist. Thanks for the introduction. :D

To my ear, he reminds me of Jeff Buckley, in that he takes from his influences and moulds them into something unique. For example, besides the Morrison/Doors sound mentioned, I hear shades of Radiohead in his "Don't stare at the sun" song. He doesn't try to copy anyone, just acknowledges them, which I really admire.

As a newcomer to his music, which albums would you recommend?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Fantastic artist. Thanks for the introduction. :D

To my ear, he reminds me of Jeff Buckley, in that he takes from his influences and moulds them into something unique. For example, besides the Morrison/Doors sound mentioned, I hear shades of Radiohead in his "Don't stare at the sun" song. He doesn't try to copy anyone, just acknowledges them, which I really admire.

This is the only one I own but it's great! :grinthumb

1336207897_500front.jpg

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I've been meaning to check out his own music. I only know him from Manic Street Preachers' "Rewind the Film".

The Manics are one of my all-time favourite bands, but that's a story for another thread! :D

~Banshee~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score

Standing At The Sky's Edge....if you want a different Hawley. If you start off with it you may not like his previous stuff.

Truelove's Gutter....if you want Hawley the beautiful balladeer.

Cole's Corner...is my favourite and the one I'd recommend someone to start with.

recgord27

Reaction score
Standing At The Sky's Edge....if you want a different Hawley. If you start off with it you may not like his previous stuff.

Truelove's Gutter....if you want Hawley the beautiful balladeer.

Cole's Corner...is my favourite and the one I'd recommend someone to start with.

Thanks Banshee. :grinthumb
Will see what is available -from the few tracks I've managed to hear on this forum, he sounds like a great artist.:HP

~Banshee~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
Thanks Banshee. :grinthumb
Will see what is available -from the few tracks I've managed to hear on this forum, he sounds like a great artist.:HP

Just thought I'd revisit this thread as im listening to him at the moment. Were you able to get his music and if so what did you opt for ?

recgord27

Reaction score
Just thought I'd revisit this thread as im listening to him at the moment. Were you able to get his music and if so what did you opt for ?
Still on my wants list. No success getting any of his albums yet. I have my dealer put in an order for which ever albums they could get, but nothing so far. Here's hoping they come through.

~Banshee~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
That's unfortunate...glad he's still on your radar though :)

Here's a great video of a full concert he did in Belgium...its just great....

Open Up Your Door starts at around 47:58...........simply beautiful

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online