Reversal of fortune

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Just to stir the pot LOL

Can you think of an artist who seemed like an untouchable rock and roll god back then but who's stature has completely eroded now.

Or the corollary - an artist who was deemed a dog back then but who's stature has shot up to the top today.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Just to clear up the mud, I am talking about the opinion of rock music critics back then and now.

I think ELO has a higher rating by critics now than it did during the 70s

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Rory Gallagher in his prime was ranked amongst Clapton, Page, and Hendrix, but his legacy has since faded into much obscurity.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I think Paul McCartney can be a candidate. While he never sank really below the radar, some of his album output in the 80's was way below standard. And then the last tour he did in the early part of 2000 showed he still has what it takes. Listening to him sing the old Beatles songs on that tour gave me goosebumps. Before seeing footage of that tour I had given up on him as a relevant force in music, boy did he prove me wrong.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, David Gilmour, and Roger Waters all can count. I think their post Zep and post Floyd work only got exposure just because of their names.

Vintage

Vintage Rocker
Reaction score
Mick Taylor, who's still working on his autobiography...

What The **** Was I Thinking: The Story of Why Mick Taylor Quit The Rolling Stones

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online